How to hide snacks from your kids

No kids here, but DW has been known to hide chocolate from me. Of course, I would never, ever, do such a thing to her....

I used to put my frozen Snickers bars in the freezer in an empty bag of peas. Years later, i confessed. Man, were they aghast at my sneakiness (especially the wife)!

Oh, it is important to know that I have cooked every dinner in the house since 1988 (so no one ever poked around dinner veggies)

Last edited:
I have several stashes around the house. Kids binge (more than I do) so it's easier to make my chocolate stash last if they don't know it's in the house.

I have some halloween candy in the bottom of my purse... for when I'm waiting for them to get out of school. I have the rest of the stash in with the baking gear (cup cake tins are good for this... and they are in the back of a low cabinet.

My husband likes the Nonni biscotti that Costco sells... he has them stashed behind the table clothes in a closet near the dining room.

Teenagers don't have any impulse control... so this is self defense. It's the only way we can have snacks around that are snacks they like.

Back
Top Bottom