Join Early Retirement Today

Re: HR Clinton and Obama - getting dirty already????
Old 01-28-2007, 05:01 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I am an independent liberal leaning voted dem for most things voted for Clinton 2X, and WILL NEVER VOTE FOR HILLARY!

There are many dems like me who will not, she hijacked the ny senate seat, when there were very capable candidates back 6 years ago.

Come on bring me obama or anyone else, heck I would vote for McCain/Gulianni before anyone else!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2007, 09:53 AM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888

Come on bring me obama or anyone else, heck I would vote for McCain/Gulianni before anyone else!

don't do something you might regret out of hate for Hillary. You can always not vote. Don't forget--despite trying to sound moderate, McCain has been behind the war 1000 percent and his big beef right now is that there is not ENOUGH of a troop surge (despite her posturing now, Hillary's been behind the war all along too). Despite his history, McCain caved on allowing Bush to torture prisoners. He's anti-abortion. AND, if all the above is not bad enough, he not only endorsed Bush in the last election, he campaigned for him extensively and whole-heartedly. He sold his soul for that nomination.

not only that, I've heard he's fairly impetuous--not what one wants in a president.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco
not only that, I've heard he's fairly impetuous--not what one wants in a president.
After nearly eight years of the incumbent, does anyone think it still matters what kinds of qualities a president possesses?

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888

NEVER VOTE FOR HILLARY!

There are many dems like me who will not, she hijacked the ny senate seat, when there were very capable candidates back 6 years ago.

Its scary and will be high drama TV. Never underestimate the collective power of New York democrats! There are millions of the little buggers.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:31 PM   #25
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
After nearly eight years of the incumbent, does anyone think it still matters what kinds
of qualities a president possesses?
Yes. Certainly the fact that our country can remain basically sound, while suffering
from the kind of pathetic leadership we've had for the last 6 years (wishful thinking
that "nearly eight years", we've got two more years of the moron) is testament to
how resilient we are. Just as the fact that the President (and most powerful man
in the world) left office without a drop of blood being shed - Nixon in 1974 - is
testimony to the wisdom of the founding fathers and the institutions of government
they created.

But, I believe it is to a large extent due to Bush's personal failings that his leadership
has been so awful. One repeatedly hears that he is lacking in curiousity and intolerant
of disagreement. In other words, he doesn't ask the tough questions, and he doesn't
want to hear the thoughts of those who disagree with him. Worst of all, no offense to
religious people, sometimes the very religious can have an unhealthy notion that they
are right because they have some kind of personal connection at God. Bush pretty
much admitted this (to Bob Woodward) when he stated, after being asked what his
father had to say about invading Iraq, that he didn't speak to him about it, because
he "answers to a higher father".

So yes, I think it's to a large extent because of these personal shortcomings that he
took us to war with Iraq, a move that I believe is the biggest foreign policy mistake in
the history of the republic.

I would with you in part, that a man can have great personal qualities and be a pretty
poor President - Jimmy Carter.