HR Clinton and Obama - getting dirty already????

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/index.html

JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- Allegations that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school known as a "madrassa" are not accurate, according to CNN reporting.

Insight Magazine, which is owned by the same company as The Washington Times, reported on its Web site last week that associates of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, had unearthed information the Illinois Democrat and likely presidential candidate attended a Muslim religious school known for teaching the most fundamentalist form of Islam.

dex said:
JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- Allegations that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school known as a "madrassa" are not accurate, according to CNN reporting.
Obama actually was educated at a school started by strict religious fundamentalists who were thrown out of their country of origin by a government alarmed at their intolerance. These "teachers" later invaded another nation, rendered the monarchy nearly powerless with their propaganda, and instituted cultural changes that led to the deaths of thousands of that country's people. Their descendants held the monarchy in the grip of commercial bondage and finally overthrew the legitimate government to keep it from affecting their business interests.

Ironically Hillary's husband apologized for the whole thing in 1993. So it really was his fault.

And apparently CNN's never been to a Punahou football game.

Nords said:
Obama actually was educated at a school started by strict religious fundamentalists who were thrown out of their country of origin by a government alarmed at their intolerance. These "teachers" later invaded another nation, rendered the monarchy nearly powerless with their propaganda, and instituted cultural changes that led to the deaths of thousands of that country's people. Their descendants held the monarchy in the grip of commercial bondage and finally overthrew the legitimate government to keep it from affecting their business interests.

The United States? ;)

So a wacky right wing Moonie Newspaper's wackier still magazine prints this nonsense without checking it and then Fox News and the NY Post repeat it. Then Obama says, "nonsense." Then all of the right wing wackos say Hillary did it.

And they tell us we need to be concerned about the left wing media. ::)

donheff said:
Then all of the right wing wackos say Hillary did it.

From reading the original story it turns out that they were claiming either someone in Hilary's camp, or someone in the party working at under their direction, was the source from the beginning.
This is the question Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton’s camp is asking about Sen. Barack Obama. An investigation of Mr. Obama by political opponents within the Democratic Party has discovered that Mr. Obama was raised as a Muslim by his stepfather in Indonesia. Sources close to the background check...

It seems a little early for anybody on the Republican side to be too terribly worried about who the Democratic opponent will be. The field is too wide on either side, they're all busy trying to knock out their opponents in their own party first.

I don't remember the exact number of people from both parties who have thrown their hats in the ring so far, but I think it was close to 20 all together. It's going to be a long, boring and eventually very ugly primary season. There will be more garbage like this from both parties.

Some folks believe that Hildebeast is the best the Dems have. She's one tough woman!! .....or is she:confused: :eek:

641874-L-1.jpg

I really don't care one way or another, but, "Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and stepfather and has acknowledged attending a Muslim school, but an aide said it was not a madrassa." Seems to me to imply he attended the Muslim school while living in Indonesia.

BUT

The Deputy headmaster stated, "This is a public school. We don't focus on religion." A school chum stated the schools hasn't changed much.

This seems to be contradictory. Could the Muslim school be some where else? I would think Obama would know where he went to school.

Huh. I attended a pretty strict catholic school for the earlier part of my education, right about the same time period.

So what does that imply? Anyone detect any bible-thumper-ishness about me?

Further signs that the '08 election will be nasty. It's predicted to be the most expensive in history, with candidates raising at least $2 Million a week! Now, Hillary has announced she won't take public funding in either the primary or general elections. If she can pull that off it means she bypasses all the spending limits imposed by the Federal Election Commission. The battle for donations will be interesting as everyone tries to pick the same donors' pockets. I saw another article in which someone on her campaign staff was complaining that Obama was going to what were seen as "Clinton Supporters" and soliciting donations. George "Big Money" Soros is backing Obama and that has got to causing some clenched fists and tight jaws in the Clinton camp.
Campaign workers for Mrs Clinton, who on Monday signed the papers to set up a presidential exploratory committee – the first step before declaring a formal candidacy – made indirect attacks on the relative inexperience of Mr Obama, who entered the race a week ago.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Huh. I attended a pretty strict catholic school for the earlier part of my education, right about the same time period.

So what does that imply? Anyone detect any bible-thumper-ishness about me?

Yeah, you're a regular Father Coughlin/Fred Phelps type. :LOL:

I think its pretty funny how politicians of all parties try to tar the other guy with some (any) connection to islam and the muslim world. Um, its just another religion, folks.

And jeez louise, they even recognize Christ as a prophet. Just not the ONLY prophet. Or the "best" one.

By the way, I got caught stealing candy when I was six years old. Put THAT on my resume as well.

I watched the CNN fact finding on this 'issue'. The 4 hours weekly on religion was the same dose I received in public grade school in the 40s. The school released students at a fixed time each week to attend their faith's instructional program. Students who didn't participate were offered another activity.

Both Christianity and Islam have had fascists and radicals.

I guess that was my point. Questionable stuff from a long time ago, whether against the history of the world of the life of a young man, isnt particularly relevant.

Me too. What was worse, this was in a country full of religious fundamentalist terrorists. The violence -- bombings, assassinations, "kneecappings" -- went on for decades. The country was, and is, named "Ireland."

The good news -- I'm in recovery now. ;)

I have no plans to run for office but if I did, I'd point out that where I went to school wasn't in any way my choice. Not with those nasty green and yellow uniforms they made us wear! :p Just NOT my colors!

Things are going to heat up quickly. Obama forced Hillary's hand and she had to announce sooner than she wanted to. And now frustrated sources from her camp have leaked dirt that she hoped to drop on Obama much later this year - another political tactic. You don't want to get in Hillary's way! Look - even John Kerry backed out.

I am an independent liberal leaning voted dem for most things voted for Clinton 2X, and WILL NEVER VOTE FOR HILLARY!

There are many dems like me who will not, she hijacked the ny senate seat, when there were very capable candidates back 6 years ago.

Come on bring me obama or anyone else, heck I would vote for McCain/Gulianni before anyone else!

newguy888 said:
Come on bring me obama or anyone else, heck I would vote for McCain/Gulianni before anyone else!

don't do something you might regret out of hate for Hillary. You can always not vote. Don't forget--despite trying to sound moderate, McCain has been behind the war 1000 percent and his big beef right now is that there is not ENOUGH of a troop surge (despite her posturing now, Hillary's been behind the war all along too). Despite his history, McCain caved on allowing Bush to torture prisoners. He's anti-abortion. AND, if all the above is not bad enough, he not only endorsed Bush in the last election, he campaigned for him extensively and whole-heartedly. He sold his soul for that nomination.

not only that, I've heard he's fairly impetuous--not what one wants in a president.

bosco said:
not only that, I've heard he's fairly impetuous--not what one wants in a president.
After nearly eight years of the incumbent, does anyone think it still matters what kinds of qualities a president possesses?

newguy888 said:
NEVER VOTE FOR HILLARY!

There are many dems like me who will not, she hijacked the ny senate seat, when there were very capable candidates back 6 years ago.

Its scary and will be high drama TV. Never underestimate the collective power of New York democrats! There are millions of the little buggers.

Nords said:
After nearly eight years of the incumbent, does anyone think it still matters what kinds
of qualities a president possesses?

Yes. Certainly the fact that our country can remain basically sound, while suffering
from the kind of pathetic leadership we've had for the last 6 years (wishful thinking
that "nearly eight years", we've got two more years of the moron) is testament to
how resilient we are. Just as the fact that the President (and most powerful man
in the world) left office without a drop of blood being shed - Nixon in 1974 - is
testimony to the wisdom of the founding fathers and the institutions of government
they created.

But, I believe it is to a large extent due to Bush's personal failings that his leadership
has been so awful. One repeatedly hears that he is lacking in curiousity and intolerant
of disagreement. In other words, he doesn't ask the tough questions, and he doesn't
want to hear the thoughts of those who disagree with him. Worst of all, no offense to
religious people, sometimes the very religious can have an unhealthy notion that they
are right because they have some kind of personal connection at God. Bush pretty
much admitted this (to Bob Woodward) when he stated, after being asked what his
father had to say about invading Iraq, that he didn't speak to him about it, because
he "answers to a higher father".

So yes, I think it's to a large extent because of these personal shortcomings that he
took us to war with Iraq, a move that I believe is the biggest foreign policy mistake in
the history of the republic.

I would with you in part, that a man can have great personal qualities and be a pretty
poor President - Jimmy Carter.

Back
Top Bottom