Human Bed-Warmer? Yea I like the sound of that.

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I have to save that one in case Mrs. mickeyd happens to walk in at the wrong time..."But honey, I did not notice that the human bed-warmer was even in our bed!"

Just when you thought hotels had exhausted the list of amenities they could offer - turn-down service, chocolate, a full year's supply of shampoo - the Holiday Inn in London's Kensington neighborhood is experimenting next week with a new enticement: a human bed-warmer.

It's not what you're thinking. Rather, according to Fox News, a hotel staff member in a fluffy white footie sleeper will slip between the sheets in your hotel room bed and render it, well, toasty warm. The staffer will leave, allowing you to hit the hay without freezing your toes off. (SkyNews.com has a photo of employees modeling the one-piece footie sleeper.)

Would You Use a "Human Bed-Warming Service"?

I don't want anyone to warm my bed. But it would be nice if someone could go pee for me in the middle of the night. :flowers:

Only if it's Sean Connery moonlighting at his "other" job, and yes, at his present age.
Va va voooommm :cool:

Sean's cool but I'd prefer Adam Lambert. And yeah, I know he's gay. So what? I wouldn't mind a little guy-liner on my pillow and think he'd toast up the sheets quite nicely...

Attachments

• Adam Ava GIF.gif
    Adam Ava GIF.gif
    39.5 KB · Views: 1
I don't want anyone to warm my bed. But it would be nice if someone could go pee for me in the middle of the night. :flowers:

I am not keen on human bed warmer either. (If the I had female equivalent of Sean Connery in the bed, I'm pretty sure it would get warm quickly)

However, it is very reassuring to know that I am not the only one would love a substitute pee person. So if any of you entrepreneurial young dreamer want to kick start your early retirement, get cracking. BBam and I are two customers eagerly awaiting...

Cute bed warmers of the opposite sex aside - yes, even a prude like me can be swayed - this is a weird idea. It must be a publicity stunt to raise the occupancy. Surely, the guest bed can be warmed much more in 5 minutes (the time the human bed warmer will spent) with a handheld hair blower.

PS. We stayed in this hotel in London before, in one of their cheapest rooms, after staying in the Landmark Hotel for just one night.

I like my bed cold. I cannot fall asleep in a warm bed. But, with an unusually high metabolism, my body is a real furnace and I would make a perfect human bed-warmer for someone else...

I like my bed cold. I cannot fall asleep in a warm bed. But, with an unusually high metabolism, my body is a real furnace and I would make a perfect human bed-warmer for someone else...
Hooooo Weeee...I do believe I'm gettin' the vapors....
sFun_hot.gif
........;)

Same here. I always flip my pillow since I love the cool side. Id rather sleep cool than hot.

Interesting, I was just thinking how nice a pre-warmed bed would be.

At 8.88 you can get about 4 and load those bad boys up. Temporary hot water bed!

YEHAAHHAWW

Remember the group Three Dog Night? From Wikipedia:

The official commentary included in the CD set Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story, 1965-1975 states that vocalist Danny Hutton's then-girlfriend June Fairchild suggested the name after reading a magazine article about indigenous Australians, in which it was explained that on cold nights they would customarily sleep in a hole in the ground whilst embracing a dingo, a native species of wild dog. On colder nights they would sleep with two dogs and if a night was especially cold, it was a "three dog night".

I wouldn't dare. DW has zero tolerance. Might be kinda hard to explain.

Wives - would you believe it if hubby gave you that line? "But she was just there to warm up the bed! It's just a service the hotel offers honey!"

I'll take Javier Bardem as a bed warmer anytime...heh, heh, heh!:D But, in general, I'll take a pass on a human bedwarmer....ewwww...not appealing to me.

In case you don't know who this hot potato is, I present to you Spain's export to America, Javier Bardem:

javier bardem photo - Google Search

Note to Javier: I can be had. Signed, Orchidflower
Orchid, I´m sure Penelope Cruz has something to say about your offer:D. Not so Javier. He is sure to take up on your offer with alacrity.:LOL:

I am not keen on human bed warmer either. (If the I had female equivalent of Sean Connery in the bed, I'm pretty sure it would get warm quickly)

However, it is very reassuring to know that I am not the only one would love a substitute pee person. So if any of you entrepreneurial young dreamer want to kick start your early retirement, get cracking. BBam and I are two customers eagerly awaiting...
Given the number of times I trot out to the bathroom during the night I´ll need several of those guys:D

Interesting, I was just thinking how nice a pre-warmed bed would be.
It's great, but an electric mattress pad is more effective than a human - the entire mattress is warmed, not just one spot.

We really enjoy our pre-warmed bed at night. Bought ours at Target.

Audrey

I have to save that one in case Mrs. mickeyd happens to walk in at the wrong time..."But honey, I did not notice that the human bed-warmer was even in our bed!"

Wives - would you believe it if hubby gave you that line? "But she was just there to warm up the bed! It's just a service the hotel offers honey!"

How do you explain when DW says "But you have your arm around her"? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom