Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

"Human" Customer Service
Old 01-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

"Human" Customer Service

Here's a useful web site that tells how to get past those dreaded phone prompts to speak to a real human bean :P

http://gethuman.com/us/

Every step of the journey is the journey.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: "Human" Customer Service
Old 01-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram
Here's a useful web site that tells how to get past those dreaded phone prompts to speak to a real human bean :P

http://gethuman.com/us/
I did not check the website, but what I do (100% success so far)
is just start in hitting single keys (beginning with 0, and working through
all numbers). If that doesn't work, repeat it but timing the entry
at different points during the recorded message. Finally, go to double
(or triple) numeric entries, at random. Never failed me yet.

JG
Old 01-27-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

That process worked occasionally with older systems that tried to detect customer frustration and put you through to a real person. Unfortunately the newer systems largely dont respond to that approach.

My favorite was the GE system which, if you did any keys out of sequence or used the wrong # a couple of times would say "I dont understand you, why dont you call back later <click>".

What befuddles me is that not that long ago, it was a boon to a company to be able to talk to a customer to resolve a problem (keeping their future business) and have the chance to find ways to find other product and service 'fits'. Now its the bane of a company's existence to have to speak to a customer.

The other oddity is offering email or web form 'ask a question' and then having 99.9% of the responses you give to electronic requests be "call our 800 number". I'm fairly sure the people being paid to do email support have figured out that all they have to do is spend 10 minutes a day answering any and all requests with "call the 800#", then take the rest of the day off.

I'm waiting for companies to adopt the next level of cost cutting with regards to dealing with their customers. Just post a single web page with a graphic that says "Thanks for buying our product, now **** off. Unless you're interested in buying more in which case click HERE. After that, **** off".

Simple. Inexpensive. Stops wasting customer time. Cuts to the chase.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote