Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

I bought a sign for my pool a few years ago-

OOL
Notice there is no P in my pOOL - I want to keep it that way!
Behave yourself!

My kids friends have laways gotten a kick out of it.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I have been swimming daily in public pools for the last 35 years and can not think of a single illness that I could attribute to that. I guess it keeps my immune system tuned up. I now swim with a snorkel and nose plugs so there isn't much chance to get any water internally. My philosophy is that the world is a dirty place, get used to it!

Grumpy
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #23
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
I have been swimming daily in public pools for the last 35 years and can not think of a single illness that I could attribute to that. I guess it keeps my immune system tuned up. I now swim with a snorkel and nose plugs so there isn't much chance to get any water internally. My philosophy is that the world is a dirty place, get used to it!

Grumpy
I will agree with you about the world being a dirty place, however I was just standing at my pool that day looking at all the kids in diapers that were IN the pool and things just did not look well inviting.

Back in the day most pools had wading pools for the kids, now we have pools too small for the community and no wading pools. Someone did say something to some of the mothers this week, boy was that a fun side show!!!
dumpster56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisissogreat View Post
... and things just did not look well inviting.
Hiya NewGuy!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Taking swimming lessons as a kid the instructor told us that the pool would turn red around us if we ever peed in it. I solved that problem by peeing in the pool from the high diving board
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Taking swimming lessons as a kid the instructor told us that the pool would turn red around us if we ever peed in it. I solved that problem by peeing in the pool from the high diving board
Grizz...the Whizz Kid...
Old 06-11-2008, 04:35 AM   #27
Give me a forum ...

As a former pool owner who at times was very bad at maintaining the cleanliness and chemical balance of his pool... two words

CHLORINE KILLS.

The main health hazard I have with public pools is the massive amounts of chlorine that most public pool use to kill the various bacteria, virus etc.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 AM   #28
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Sorry folks, I guess I was tired. But seriously, I was likely in less peril than anyone eating from a street vendor in Asia or Latin America. It's what you don't see that can kick you in the a$$.

Ha
You got that one right...I won't eat at the street vendors here and I'm picky about the restaurants. Once we were dining with friends, eating potstickers at a mid-range restaurant, and DW's friend found a nice fried coocaracha in her dinner...eeeeewwwww!

R
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
You got that one right...I won't eat at the street vendors here and I'm picky about the restaurants. Once we were dining with friends, eating potstickers at a mid-range restaurant, and DW's friend found a nice fried coocaracha in her dinner...eeeeewwwww!

R
Yum fried cockroach.

If you get bored with this particular cheap and nutritious preparation.
Here is nice illustrated cockroach cookbook.

It is more eco friendly to eat cockroaches than cows.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

For the record: babies need not be in the pool to leak from all orifices. The do prefer grandparents laps.