I am going to become an aunt today! Keep fingers crossed!

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sister is scheduled for a C-section (and VERY stressed about this - baby is breech) There were a few minor problems (gestational diabetes, slightly low amniotic fluid - dehydration, not the extreme problems - that were corrected over the last 4-7 weeks) I am worried - she was stressing about losing the privilege of natural childbirth, etc etc. Pretty much a stereo-typical Santa Cruz vegetarian ;) but, I do love her!

Keep fingers crossed that all goes well - thanks!

The gender of the "hippo" is unknown!!

Fireup2025

Congrats on the upcoming aunt-hood. Tell your sister I know how she feels about the C. Pregnant with twins, both breech - I was heartbroken and tearful that I couldn't do natural childbirth. Went for acupuncture and did every other contortion to get them to shift - no go, no room to move.

But, the C went smoothly without any complications and I have 2 wonderful kids. If I had gone natural I would have endangered them - the first one's foot was wedged in so tightly she was stuck and it was difficult to get her out even with a C!

So, while I occaisionaly regret missing the experience of natural childbirth, I am CERTAIN that the course taken was right and gave us all the best outcome.

Best of luck today!

I was heartbroken and tearful that I couldn't do natural childbirth. Went for acupuncture and did every other contortion to get them to shift - no go, no room to move.

This describes her perfectly...she was hanging (not literally) upside down to get gravity to work, acupuncture, all sorts of stuff...the desperation in her voice was heartbreaking as she relayed her efforts.

Wish your sister good luck!

My daughter was born by C-section in April 2006. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get what the hoopla is about natural childbirth anyway. My C-section was an emergency c-section because my daughter's heart beat was dropping very low during the course of normal delivery. I wasn't disappointed at all that I didn't have a "natural" delivery - my main concern was having a healthy baby delivered.

My neighbour had a "natural" childbirth and she managed to pull a disk in her back during the process which she still suffers from over a year later. Give me a c-section any day!!!! :)

The only problem with C-section kids, is that when they grow up, they tend to leave the house through the window instead of the front door.

Congratulations on being an imminent Auntie and hope all goes well!

If you are interested in the science behind the recommendation that your sister have a C/Section, here it is. This study has led to an increase in the number of C/Sections everywhere.

Last edited:
Congrats Fireup!

Sounds like sis is very stressed out - there is a lot of pressure to have natural birth, particularly in the Bay area. I'm very supportive of it myself, but having had 2, and the first being very precarious, I'm grateful for the medical care that was available to me.

In the end, healthy baby, healthy mommy is the most important thing and I hope she can shake off any guilt or regret and enjoy her baby!

As long as Mom and Baby are healthy, what difference does it really make how he or she got here?

I am going to become an aunt today? Keep fingers crossed!

Sister is scheduled for a C-section (and VERY stressed about this - baby is breech) There were a few minor problems (gestational diabetes, slightly low amniotic fluid - dehydration, not the extreme problems - that were corrected over the last 4-7 weeks) I am worried - she was stressing about losing the privilege of natural childbirth, etc etc. Pretty much a stereo-typical Santa Cruz vegetarian ;) but, I do love her!

Keep fingers crossed that all goes well - thanks!

The gender of the "hippo" is unknown!!

Your sister, her baby, her/your family and you are in my prayers.

Please keep us posted.

GOD BLESS,
Wags

Last edited:
It's a girl! Dahlia Lucia La****, 8.9 #'s, 21 inches TALL!!

Momma & baby are doing just fine!

No pics yet :(

WOnderful!!!

It's a girl! Dahlia Lucia La****, 8.9 #'s, 21 inches TALL!!

Momma & baby are doing just fine!

No pics yet :(

Congratulations to everyone, including the new Auntie!!

Ha

Congrats. Glad all is well. Your sis will quickly put aside the worry re birth process as she falls in love with Dahlia.

Enjoy the time and the new roles. The stages fly by really fast. For sleepless nights, remind her they are only a few months out of a lifetime - becomes much more manageable with that perspective - especially if you remember this point at 2 am!

How wonderful! Congratulations to the family and I, too, love the name!

And here she is:

Attachments

• dahlia-lucia.bmp
    902.5 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom