Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The streak ends.
However, REWahoo, I put you on my ignore list so I can't answer your question about people eating all my Halloween candy.

All my Halloween candy was eaten by people bigger than me (also smaller than me, but I don't want to talk about that). This all reminds me when I went into that classroom where the school officers were having their meeting and the vice-president took my lunch. She even took the celery sticks (and my Converse tennis shoes).

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Do you really know if Big Ben actually knows he threw 6 two weeks in a row?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888
Do you really know if Big Ben actually knows he threw 6 two weeks in a row?
I don't understand this question. Are you suggesting that professional football players cannot count to six, or that they suffer so much head injury that they cannot remember events from week to week?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by growing_older View Post
I don't understand this question. Are you suggesting that professional football players cannot count to six, or that they suffer so much head injury that they cannot remember events from week to week?
Yes.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #45
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

This thread is starting to bear a proto-resemblance to "Awkward Wealth." Maybe the mods should consolidate them into one thread entitled "Kitchen Sink."

Amethyst
Old 11-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
This thread is starting to bear a proto-resemblance to "Awkward Wealth." Maybe the mods should consolidate them into one thread entitled "Kitchen Sink."

Amethyst
Or "how to load your dishwasher, part II".
Old 11-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #47

I only wish people would learn how to take video footage with their phones. Just say no to vertical video syndrome!

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

I was thinking a sequel to these videos would be for parents to tell their high school seniors that they spent all the college savings money.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

I warned you to bring a decoy ketchup sandwich but would you listen? Nooooooo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post

This all reminds me when I went into that classroom where the school officers were having their meeting and the vice-president took my lunch. She even took the celery sticks (and my Converse tennis shoes).
Old 11-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
... All my Halloween candy was eaten by people bigger than me (also smaller than me, but I don't want to talk about that)...
At least you had candies. And you did get to eat a piece or two, yes? If it's any consolation to you, I never did have any. Nothing for anybody to take from me.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL! View Post
I was thinking a sequel to these videos would be for parents to tell their high school seniors that they spent all the college savings money.
I haven't raised children (yet). But what I can appreciate (from my personal past) is how even sometimes just a single incident in the very early formative years can indeed create lasting events later on. It's most likely entirely different if you play a practical joke on a teenager, who at least has developed the understanding of humor and joking around. A 3 or 4 year old does not have this development or understanding.

You might not see the similarities, but it would be like if a parent held their young child suspended over a cliff and teased the child that they will let the child go and drop them down. The parent knows the child is in no danger, as they will not let go, but the child is screaming their head off because they don't want their parent to drop them.

While a single instance like that could have lasting implications, I'm also willing to bet that if a parent is willing to do this to their child this time, it possibly isn't the first time, and probably won't be the last time.

Some people see no harm in joking around with people who do not have a strong cognitive development and understanding; I, however, will not subject my future children to tricks and treatment like this.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #52
Give me a forum ...

That was really funny ! No self respecting parent would eat all the candy (nobody wants skittles ) but reese's peanut butter cups are fair play .
Old 11-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
At least you had candies. And you did get to eat a piece or two, yes? If it's any consolation to you, I never did have any. Nothing for anybody to take from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I warned you to bring a decoy ketchup sandwich but would you listen? Nooooooo.
NW-B, no, I didn't even get to eat one piece of candy. It was all taken from me. Darn it, I had a big pillow case full of candy treats. A lot of skittles. But, I guess everybody loves skittles. Anyhow, back in high school, there was this chick, Ame Thyst, at least that's what I think her name was. As I remember her, she was an experienced embroider, even back then. But, what I really recall was her suggestion that I bring a decoy ketchup sandwich to school to protect myself from kids taking my lunch. I didn't listen to her, and I've regretted it every day of my life for not paying attention to her suggestion. So, this Halloween I put a couple of decoy ketchup sandwiches in my pockets. Sure enough, when my candy and pillow case were taken from me, the decoy ketchup sandwiches were overlooked and I got to eat the them walking back home. It was the best Halloween ever!!! I often wonder what ever happened to Ame Thyst. This is sort of embarrassing, but I think about her almost every day.