I didn't know that ...

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Go ahead and add yours.

I personally don't know a lot of stuff and thus always curious. :)

It appears the USA has shrunk when we look at a more neutral view of the globe. But the good thing is that Russia has shrunk more. And not to worry, we are still very small creatures relative to land masses.

tmp.png

Article on this at: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mercator-map-true-size-of-countries/

I don't know what I don't know, so that's a hard think to answer. I often find out things that I didn't previously know, but now I know them. :ermm:

Anyway, I guess that map above is meant to be symbolic, because you'd really have to shrink the parts of a country more the further it is from the equator. The northern border of the US still has to match up with the south border of Canada, which is doesn't in the new map. To get a real idea of sizes, look at a globe. I hadn't realized just how much Canada and Russia were expanded with the Mercator projection. The US is actually about the same size as Canada, even perhaps a little more if you include land only, and not lakes. Sources seem to differ on this.

So, that means Texas isn’t nearly as big as they brag to everyone. Figures.

It also means Canada is a lot smaller. Hmmm.....

So, that means Texas isn’t nearly as big as they brag to everyone. Figures.

It also means Canada is a lot smaller. Hmmm.....

Texas will always be big and we don't need anymore "foreigners", especially those from above the Mason Dixon line. Canada? Not something we down this way care about. :LOL:

After reading the links several times, I think that I understand... Now the problem is: How do I explain this to my 10 year old granddaughter? :confused:

Next... "How old is the earth?
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
We grow too soon old, and too lat smart...

4.543 billion years.

Last edited:
Excellent link, thanks.
Texas will always be big and we don't need anymore "foreigners", especially those from above the Mason Dixon line. Canada? Not something we down this way care about. :LOL:
All my immigrant ancestors settled south of the M-D line (and most still live there), so I guess that gives me a favored son status of sorts?

As for your sig line, if you don’t get the right order it can be a bad night. Imagine drive Russian, wear German, kiss Italian and drink French.

Back
Top Bottom