I guess I'm no modern gentleman

Nothing on the list appealed to me either. Apparently I just ain't got no class.

Same here.

However, it was interesting to see that over 20% of the items listed were related to alcohol/drinking.

Thankfully, for we men, the amount of time necessary to achieve the same proportional increase in looking better is much smaller than for the females. :)
Not even close, and for this I am deeply appreciate and grateful of the effort women put into their appearance. I especially enjoy the change of seasons, for it is always another opportunity for women to make themselves attractive in a new and different way. :)

Many women won't go out to get the mail without primping.

That one made me laugh. We often go out to a nice restaurant on Friday and/or Saturday nights. It's been raining here all day and the DW said, why don't we just drive to town for a quick hamburger tonight (at the drive thru) since it's too messy to get all dressed up. I said okay, I picked up my hat and I was ready to go. About 20 minutes later, after she changed her clothes, fixed her hair, decided which shoes to put on, she said, I'm ready.

OMG, I thought to myself:angel:, it doesn't take that long to drive to town (15 miles away) and she wasn't even going to get out of the car.

I've been married long enough to just grin :D .

Last edited:
Gillette Blue Blades... $6for 5 blades

Usta be 10 blades in a dispenser for $1

... "for the quickest slickest shave of all!"

We live in a different world.

What a strange list of overpriced crap.

After thirty plus years in a cube farm, I don't want anything "Herman Miller" in my home...

I rarely go anywhere where a sweater or jacket isn't dressy enough...

Observation: most chip manufacturers banned makeup from their cleanrooms years ago, so I saw all my cow orkers sans makeup every day. Funny thing, if we would go out after w*rk on Friday for happy hour, many/most would hit the restroom first, to get foofy...

But after seeing them without, they tended to look almost unnatural with. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but a little makeup goes a long way, especially the almost goth-like amount of eye shadow some wear...

http://youtu.be/fWvosfqDhkw

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

What! No murse on the list!? Looks like shoppers with too much disposable income. I'm on the trail of a chair I spotted in a consignment shop - have to verify it is real, but real or reproduction it is very cool: Eames Aluminum Group Management Chair - Executive Chairs - Chairs - Herman Miller Official Store

My desk chair is getting pretty tattered and this is very cool looking and sits pretty well too. Being a huge fan of the sub-$30 garage sale desk chair and a confirmed cheapskate you gotta know I'm not looking at anything close to the price Herman Miller is looking for.

After the dot com bust in the early 2000's, here in Silicon Valley, you could find overpriced office chairs for next to nothing at the auctions later held to sell off the old assets of the failed companies.

So many tech startups bought into that crap - $1000 chairs for the staff. Once they failed, if you went to the auctions, you could snag one for $100.

Some people got theirs for "free" because as their startups were failing, and they were let go, they'd walk out of the building with things like their laptop and chair (yep - I remember seeing people load their office chair in their SUV the day they were let go).

I never cared for those fancy chairs myself. To supposedly be so "ergo" focused, I always found them very uncomfortable. I'd rather get a $100 special on sale at the local office supply store. They wear out faster (the one I've got right now, the arms look like they've been shredded by a tiger) but they're more comfortable to me.

Naturally! I laughed at your post, because I was thinking of a man shaving and putting on a clean shirt, and imagining he has created as much flash and glamour as a woman who's taken 45 minutes to dress up, fix hair, and apply make-up.

Amethyst

I simply meant that the male primping ritual is simpler.

Naturally! I laughed at your post, because I was thinking of a man shaving and putting on a clean shirt, and imagining he has created as much flash and glamour as a woman who's taken 45 minutes to dress up, fix hair, and apply make-up.

Amethyst

You are correct. I have seen both sexes attempting to do their primping while driving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

OMG, I thought to myself:angel:, it doesn't take that long to drive to town (15 miles away) and she wasn't even going to get out of the car.

I've been married long enough to just grin :D .

Yup, DW is the same way. Like you, I just grin, 'cause she's cute anyway.

Back
Top Bottom