Join Early Retirement Today
Old 01-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
Recycles dryer sheets
Send a message via Skype™ to imnxpat
But I think that I'm in a bit worse shape than that. I have the urge to stay on line a lot longer than I do. I'm just trying to control myself. As we all know, there are so many opportunities on the Internet to learn and earn. It's hard to pass them up.

imnxpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A mere 26 for me

Make no mistake, my friend, it takes more than money to make men rich. - A. P. Gouthey
Fireup2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Saying you're on the internet too much here? Isn't that like telling the bar tender 'I drink too much'?
T.S. Eliot:
Old men ought to be explorers
yakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.
20 for me.
I want to cut down. I wasted years with television, now I feel the Internet replacing it.
If I ever get totally disabled where the only thing I can do is click a mouse, then I can justify spending hours with this tool.
The instant lookup of just about anything is pretty cool, though. Now if I could just walk away once I've looked it up.
toofrugalformycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #25
29 for me.

But it's not always a bad thing. The gas dryer started acting up about 8 months ago. Although eons ago I was a heating & refrigeration service technician I don't know squat about gas dryers. Looking up the symptoms, in 20-30 minutes I had a possible diagnosis, confirmed with an electrical resistance check on one of the gas valves. $20 for the part and it's fixed. Total time invested about two hours, one just to go get the part.

The Internet has many uses, one of which seems to be turning into the world's greatest library. It's really straight out of the science fiction stories I read in high school.
I heard the call to do nothing. So I answered it.
Walt34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Saying you're on the internet too much here? Isn't that like telling the bar tender 'I drink too much'?

I didn't finish the test because there's no "Never" choice. For example "How often do you lose sleep due to late-night log-ins?" That's never happened, am I supposed to put "Rarely?" Note that "Does not apply" is not the same as "Never."

And how do I answer "How often do you form new relationships with fellow on-line users?" Does the three-way with Audreyh1 and Cute Fuzzy Bunny count? I'm so confused!

TromboneAl is offline   Reply With Quote