Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-04-2011, 05:44 AM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
1. Are both cats neutered?

2. As another poster mentioned, the water squirt bottle is a great tool for breaking up all sorts of fights modifying behavior... human children as well as cats.
Phantom (old cat) is neutered male. The other is female and I do not know. Maybe the vet can tell me. If not and I keep it (likely) I will have it done.

Thanks everyone

I wish I was half as good as my dog thinks I am!
bruce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by bruce1 View Post
Phantom (old cat) is neutered male. The other is female and I do not know. Maybe the vet can tell me. If not and I keep it (likely) I will have it done.

Thanks everyone
The vet may be able to tell you. Anyway, if the new cat isn't spayed, all will be revealed as the days grow longer, because she will start coming in heat. If that happens keep her inside away from any lusty tomcats that may be roaming the neighborhood, and get her to the vet post haste, or you'll have kittens on your hands on top of everything else. Phantom looks just like my parents' cat.

kyounge1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
One thing that I did for my DW's old cat was to make a little house for it. I used one of those big clear storage containers with a snap on lid. I cut a hole in the side just big enough for the cat to slip inside. For some reason the cat just loved this. He could watch us through the clear sides, yet was warm, safe and secure in his little refuge. In the winter I stuck a small heating pad on the floor with a cloth over it. He died happy.
Yes, I have achieved work / life balance.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets
Originally Posted by bruce1 View Post
I have through a strange series of events and being a softie have inherited my former tenants cat who is somewhere between 13 and 16 years old.
You are an angel for taking in an older pet, cat or dog. I have two dogs, and three cats that have all found me over the years. One of my older cats now gone lived for 20 years. She started 'missing' the litter box in her later years. My fix was to put down a plastic floor mat, with a towel on it just outside of the litter box. That stopped all accidents, my only additional chore was the daily changing and washing of a few old towels, entirely worth it for 20 years of companionship. In addition, if you have a cat that won't socialize with other cats, I find it's usually a female for some reason.

Not all who wander are lost - J. R. Tolkien
Blackwoodt is offline   Reply With Quote