I like Mondays now

Felix Mulier

Recycles dryer sheets
I used to hate Mondays (and Sunday nights for that matter). When I was young, I didn't want to have to go back to school on Monday morning. When I got older, it was going back to w*rk. Once I got to school or w*rk of course, everything was OK - I think it was the anticipation that got to me.

Now I'm really enjoying Sunday nights and Monday mornings! I generally stay away from stores, malls, and parks on the weekends and go to those places when everyone else has gone back to work and given me the world back!

Just an observation, but I think it's worth enjoying!:cool:

Now I'm really enjoying Sunday nights and Monday mornings! I generally stay away from stores, malls, and parks on the weekends and go to those places when everyone else has gone back to work and given me the world back!

+1

Glad you're enjoying the new freedom.

And just give it some time, one day you may not even know (or care) what day of the week it is. Everyday will be Saturday :confused:

Attachments

• 0293---Day-Clock-Magony-Sm1.jpg
    0293---Day-Clock-Magony-Sm1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 139
Welcome to the club :)

My way of thinking has also changed. Before ER, I'd look forward to running my errands on Sat and Sun. Now avoid Sat and Sun and choose (nice to have a choice) the weekdays, away from rush hour.

Welcome to the club :)

My way of thinking has also changed. Before ER, I'd look forward to running my errands on Sat and Sun. Now avoid Sat and Sun and choose (nice to have a choice) the weekdays, away from rush hour.

Me too. But have you noticed all the old people shopping Mon-Fri during the day. Jeeeeeeeeeeez :LOL:

Me too. But have you noticed all the old people shopping Mon-Fri during the day. Jeeeeeeeeeeez :LOL:

Yes I have. I was at the grocery store about a week ago and the place was pretty full. I found myself saying "Don't folks have a job and work on weekdays?" then sort of chuckled as I shouldn't be too greedy about my free time :LOL:

Yup!

At our house, DH and I marvel that each day feels like an unscheduled Saturday of old. Now, we've become much more careful about taking on obligations. (Well, I'm probably the one most jealous of my time; DH is volunteer extraordinaire.) I'm still enjoying the benefits of that beautiful little two-letter word, "no." :D

I was at the grocery store about a week ago and the place was pretty full. I found myself saying "Don't folks have a job and work on weekdays?" then sort of chuckled as I shouldn't be too greedy about my free time :LOL:

I've found that mid-week mornings are the best time to hit the grocery store. After 2:00 PM there are too many late arisers and Moms with screaming kids.

I've found that mid-week mornings are the best time to hit the grocery store. After 2:00 PM there are too many late arisers and Moms with screaming kids.

We've learned to stay home the day of and day after gubamint checks arrive in the mail.

And just give it some time, one day you may not even know (or care) what day of the week it is. Everyday will be Saturday :confused:

Ol' furface already thinks every day is Saturday.

Congratulations Felix. The days Monday through Friday belong to you.

I've graduated to the state where holidays are now annoyances.

I've only been out about 75 days, and Sunday nights still give me the heebie-jeebies. I'm still decompressing, although it is getting better. We also have decided to do our errands and shopping during the week instead of the weekends. Also, for camping in the summer, we'll head out on Sunday afternoon in the opposite of the camp-commute direction, and head back home Thursday afternoon or Friday morning, before the crowds arrive for the weekend.

R

I hate Sunday nights, that's when I get melancholy. I do still work but those nights, like Friday and Saturday, are the best - I can read late into the night and not worry about getting up at a certain time. So I am super jealous of you and can't wait to be in the same boat!

Back
Top Bottom