I need some Happy Music Now!

That is the funniest flippin' thing I've seen in a long time! Keep a tissue close by folks.....I'm tellin' ya!:2funny:

That's really unfair. I broke my ribs three weeks ago and it still hurts to laugh.

I was listening to that song driving back to the beach today, and really enjoyed it. Now I'm never going to be able to listen to it again without busting a gut! OMG! And how could anyone have the time, energy, AND creativity to do that. Must be an ER. Thanks, Janet.

simon & garfunkel & PP&M tend to make me sad.. oh well. :confused:

First thing I thought of was Tom Tom Club.
YouTube - Genius Of Love - Tom Tom Club - Extended Version 80's

I'm also partial to the Pogues when I need to 'get moving'.
YouTube - The Pogues - If I Should Fall from Grace with God
(though there is a darkness... maybe it's me?)
YouTube - The Pogues - Fiesta
Maybe seek out something like this last (Mexican folk songs) done in a more authentic key? If you don't understand the language, probably for the better (recalling my wedding where the band played "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" as our 'last dance' because the Italians thought it was a love song) :rolleyes:

Prime Elvis:

A parody? homage (to an homage)? you be the judge:

There are pop songs with simple melodies that once you hear it, you will remember. The following song is in that category, and same as I, you might have heard this tune. It so happened that, recently, I ran across it serendipitously on youtube.

It is called "L'Italiano", a 1982 hit in Italy, if not Europe, by Toto Cutugno. It has been propagated through the world, with lyrics written in different languages. Look how happy the Italians at this concert were. It got to rub onto you, even if you have only a vague idea that they were happy to be Italian.

YouTube - Song Lasciate Mi Cantare-L'italiano) by:Toto Cutugno(2006)

Not knowing Italian, I could catch only a few words, such as "spaghetti al dente", and "Americano"! So, of course, I need to check it out further.

For people who know a bit of Italian, see the following.

YouTube - Toto Cutugno - L'italiano

Else, if you are like me, knowing no Italian other than a few words related to pasta but still curious, see the following English translation.

Toto Cutugno - L'Italiano (Lasciatemi cantare) lyrics & video

===================================================

But that's not all. I also found a version with French lyrics, sung by Herve Vilard. This singer, I knew from his hit "Capri c'est fini" from the 70s.

YouTube - herve vilard "mediterranenne"

Despite my love of the language, I will admit here that my French is very weak as it comes to listening (and talking), having learned the language mostly by reading in my earlier years. So, I found the following Karaoke link for the lyrics. It is now a French love song (happy not sad!), most suitable for a traveler to Southern France to hum along. More than the lyrics, look at the Mediterranean romantic scenes in the video (which I don't think is representative of the shore of the Camargue region that was referenced in the lyrics).

Oh, how I love to make a return trip to Southern France!

YouTube - herve vilard karaoke "mediterraneenne"

Back
Top Bottom