Join Early Retirement Today

Re: I need some ideas
Old 04-08-2004, 06:33 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
its the first time I've had any thing intelligent to post
Hasnt stopped me for a second

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2004, 08:15 PM   #22
Dryer sheet aficionado

Wow...you guys are full of ideas...glad I posted this message here. I knew from reading all these good posts here for a year that I'd get some great advice and its totally appreciated. I'm just wondering from this point that if I invest 10g into a good lawyer...what's my return....we're talking about a paycheck worth $867.00 after tax, do you think the return is worth the investment, is that 8.6% return worth it?...I'd say its worth it (I do have the money to throw out there, but it comes from my retirement fund) plus I have to throw in another 10% for satisfaction of popping this guy's a$$.

I will say this, the job that I took after quitting this guy has been a dream come true, I've been thinking of retiring in just a few more years, but now I'm leaning more towards staying out there and building my nest egg up even more, I have fell in love with this new job...a dream come true for me as I am used to a totally different scenario at work than what I'm exposed to now.

I'm wondering now about the liability of knowing what I know about this guy and if I really should report it to the appropiate authorities...I got written documentation as I was a field super, I kept detailed logs, both business and personal of what went on, and we all know those that have the most paper work wins the arguments. I wish John Galt was a lawyer...I'd hire him to get him as he strikes me as worse than a bull dog with aids and harder to sling off than a yo-yo.

Jack

Do things smell different to small people?
and how do I get off of being confused about dryer sheets?....jeepers!

Old 04-08-2004, 10:59 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
. . . Do things smell different to small people? and how do I get off of being confused about dryer sheets?....jeepers!
Keep posting, Jack. Before long you'll be wearing underwear made of used dryer sheets.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:16 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Do things smell different to small people?
and how do I get off of being confused about dryer sheets?....jeepers!
Yes.

[obiwan] you will know when you are no longer confused about dryer sheets. the universe will tell you. continue posting, it will all become clear to you. just remember one thing...resist the dark side...using rinse agents...[/obiwan]

[yoda] tear them in half you will! in quarters![/yoda]
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:30 AM   #25

I was thinking that the Ku Klux Klan could have saved a
bunch of bedding if they had made their costumes out of
used dryer sheets. Guess they "hung" their laundry

John Galt
Old 04-13-2004, 09:53 PM   #26
Dryer sheet aficionado

Definitely not legal advice, just things I've noted in my own no-compete studies....courts seem to frown upon no-competes signed after employment, everyone of similar position must sign the same no-compete, companies must prove that employee has significant knowledge/expertise that could do company harm in competition and clauses cannot be ridiculous in time and/or distance. Just do a little "no compete" search on the net and start clicking.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:54 PM   #27
Dryer sheet aficionado

I bear good tidings....After a half dozen faxes, several phone calls and threats of lawsuits (1 copy of the state stautes), the guy got even and sent my wife my check..... I wonder if that's legal , now management has my money and I have to wait til the next annual board meeting to re-negotiate my contract!

Jack

Thanks for all the advice