Join Early Retirement Today

I thought i found a job
Old 06-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I thought i found a job

Incident Response - Cybersecurity
Arrowstone Resource Partners - New York, NY
$100,000 a year
My client based in NYC now require a highly motivated Incident Response individual to join them.

The Incident Response Analyst will lead the response to client’s cybersecurity incidents. He or she will be the client’s single point of contact and will direct internal and external security and IT experts during incident response engagements. The successful candidate will use security tools like IDP/IDS, SIEM, etc., to analyze, contain, and remediate cybersecurity incidents.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________
I was good with paragraph 1. Im highly motivated, i have a Full concealed carry gun permit(Sort of rare in NYC). Then came paragraph 2, I cant even google that stuff, let alone do what ever it is. Guess ill stay here on the balcony and post.

Withdrawal Rate currently zero, Pension 137 % of our spending, Wasted 5 years of my prime working extra for a safe withdrawal rate. I can live like a King for a year, or a Prince for the rest of my life. I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Based on your sig line:

Quote:
Retired October 2008, Withdrawal Rate currently zero, Pension 137 % of our spending, Wasted 5 years of my prime working extra for a safe withdrawal rate.
Why did you even look?

-ERD50

ERD50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Based on your sig line:

Why did you even look?

-ERD50
I some how signed up to a website called "indeed" . I get daily job related openings. When i saw 100 Grand i opened it up. Based on the title i thought some rich CEO needed a bodyguard when he had trouble at the office. For a 100 Large id take off my slippers and drive him to the office and fling around a few rowdy people.
Withdrawal Rate currently zero, Pension 137 % of our spending, Wasted 5 years of my prime working extra for a safe withdrawal rate. I can live like a King for a year, or a Prince for the rest of my life. I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic
Old 06-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Guy View Post
I some how signed up to a website called "indeed" . I get daily job related openings. When i saw 100 Grand i opened it up. Based on the title i thought some rich CEO needed a bodyguard when he had trouble at the office. For a 100 Large id take off my slippers and drive him to the office and fling around a few rowdy people.

Yes, if I found the perfect job, I'd be tempted. But then I'd have to wonder about the mind-set of someone willing to pay me that much to do so little (Groucho Marx - I don't want to join any club that would have me!)

I get notices from "linked-in" every once in a while that just make me laugh. ERD50 - we have 47 companies looking for people with your skills and offering big bucks! Oh man, no company looking for my skills would last long enough for me to get my first paycheck!

-ERD50
ERD50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:13 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

I thought this was an inside joke where something in the qualifications would be glaringly obvious to a real cyber security worker.
Anything that leads with 100k -leads team of elite experts-fearless and feckless just smells to me.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:17 PM   #6

i saw incident response, i saw 100,000. hahaha
Old 06-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #7

So is 100k per year even enough to afford a starter co-op flat in NYC ?

2 , I seem to remember something about a NYC income tax back in the 1970's ? was that just an urban legend ?
Lakewood90712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #8
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
I thought this was an inside joke where something in the qualifications would be glaringly obvious to a real cyber security worker.
Anything that leads with 100k -leads team of elite experts-fearless and feckless just smells to me.
Cybersecurity is a hot field with shortage of skilled workers, $100k starting salary is fairly normal, even in the Midwest, low cost of living area. Some analyst positions target $120k as a base pay in the SoCal market. Just saying.
Aiming_4_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
So is 100k per year even enough to afford a starter co-op flat in NYC ?

2 , I seem to remember something about a NYC income tax back in the 1970's ? was that just an urban legend ?
you would have to live in the outlying areas, for a 100k to be good. No, 100k would barely get u a parking spot, let alone a co-op. My friend just paid 60 THOUSAND for a parking spot that was deeded to his condo. top nyc and nys tax bracket is almost 13 %.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Gun not required. Incident response refers to cybersecurity incident, where you apply your knowledge of the protective hardware and software to mitigate the break-in. The acronyms, like Intrusion Detection System, should pop up at the top of your search.

target2019 is online now   Reply With Quote