Join Early Retirement Today
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by Mmm Rrr View Post
Whenever I'm in a Starbucks I always order "Small/Medium/or Large Drip Coffee" and wait to see if they make me translate to Starbuckese for the sizes. In the Bay Area they always do, here in Eastern Washington they do the translation in their heads and let it go.
Yeah large works for me too - I also enjoy ordering a whopper at McDonalds and a Mc Chicken at the burger joint that also sells a breaded chicken patty sandwich. Also like giving the clerk $2.04 when the bill is $1.69 or otherwise attempt to divest of pennies. Makes it extra confusing when I do the math wrong in my head...

calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Coming back to use the restroom was definitely odd but I would probably go to the Starbucks myself. I don't care for coffee -- at all -- but do enjoy their double chocolate chip frappicino (with no whip).

Katsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #43
gone traveling
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
If I were dating again, Starbucks would be a "must-do" on one of the first dates. Based on my observation of friends, the length and specificity of the coffee order is a good indicator of how fussy, picky, and high-maintenance a person is.
Here's a good example (from the movie, When Harry Met Sally):

Harry Burns: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Sally Albright: Which one am I?
Harry Burns: You're the worst kind; you're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.
Sally Albright: I don't see that.
Harry Burns: You don't see that? Waiter, I'll begin with a house salad, but I don't want the regular dressing. I'll have the balsamic vinegar and oil, but on the side. And then the salmon with the mustard sauce, but I want the mustard sauce on the side. "On the side" is a very big thing for you.
Sally Albright: Well, I just want it the way I want it.
Harry Burns: I know; high maintenance.

rescueme is offline   Reply With Quote