Join Early Retirement Today

I want the Pink one, Mommy!!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

I want the Pink one, Mommy!!

Three-year-old Jack Neal is "a whiz on the PC," his mother Rachael tells the BBC. Such a whiz, it seems, that he bought a pink Nissan on eBay. Not a toy, mind you. A real, $17,000 car.

It seems his parents' eBay password was still active when Jack clicked on "buy it now." Fortunately, the seller has a sense of humor. He canceled the deal.

And now Jack's parents have parental controls up and running on their computer.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...o_the_dar.html

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: I want the Pink one, Mommy!!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
Fortunately, the seller has a sense of humor. He canceled the deal.
Yeah, but I wonder what kind of feedback he gave them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
It seems his parents' eBay password was still active when Jack clicked on "buy it now."
Imagine being so egotistical, negligent, uninformed, naive, and generally stupid as to leave your computer logged into an account where anyone could do whatever they wanted with it...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #3

Sounds like buyers remorse to me! - Blame it on the kid!

I've dealt with enough e-bay low-lifes to know the lies they are capable of!