I want to build a sanctuary... hammock,firepit, etc

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, i should say I AM in the process of...

I got a neat little firepit from lowes for 100 bucks on sale, as well as a free standing hammock.

I am looking for a nice 2 person swing, and then I will focus on the surroundings.

Im thinking of 2 sections of decorative white vinyl fence (6 ft) in an L shape...with some nice flowers/plants in front of them...I think they'll look great in front of the stark white fence

Then I plan on adding more plants all around, creating a secluded area(I like wispy, fern-like plants...think lilies, and other plants with pointy leaves...) . Black mulch, lots of stone, etc

Any pics, ideas, comments, or suggestions are welcomed!

Sanctuary, nice term. My wife calls her place a 'secret garden'. Still in design but currently has a glider swing & gazebo.

What (planting/frost) zone do you live in? Makes a difference. Lowes will sell you plants and shrubs that won't in your latitude. Will deer be feeding on your foliage? Want very low care plants? Don't forget the waterfall, curved paths, trellis entry, butterfly house... and maybe a waterslide into that hottub.

What a great place for the 1st Annual ER Picnic 8)

BUM said:
What (planting/frost) zone do you live in? Makes a difference. Lowes will sell you plants and shrubs that won't in your latitude. Will deer be feeding on your foliage? Want very low care plants? Don't forget the waterfall, curved paths, trellis entry, butterfly house... and maybe a waterslide into that hottub.

What a great place for the 1st Annual ER Picnic 8)

im in ne OHIO. YES, deer are around quite a bit. Low care is good...definately. any suggestions?

Winter Gem Boxwood, Dwarf Alberta Spruce, and Spirea come to mind. They all like full sun. There are several online nurseries that allow variable selection. Just plug in you requirements and go from there. I think you are in Zone 5. They can show you a map for that variable too.

thefed said:
im in ne OHIO. YES, deer are around quite a bit.

In that case, don't forget the shotgun, or (if the OH deer are like the NJ/NY/PA deer) a baseball bat.

brewer12345 said:
In that case, don't forget the shotgun, or (if the OH deer are like the NJ/NY/PA deer) a baseball bat.

What ever happened to that trusty All-American weapon of my youth - the sling shot?

heh heh heh

unclemick2 said:
What ever happened to that trusty All-American weapon of my youth - the sling shot?

heh heh heh

All fine and well, but you don't generally get venison steaks with a slingshot.

Hmmm - I prefer the American hamburger.

We got plenty of 'free game' because we knew plenty of hunters in SW Washington. Unfortunately my Mom learned to cook in 'New York City' - so 'the game' never left - no matter how she tryed to cook it.

heh heh heh - plus - I ALWAYS got the part of the dang bird with the lead shot still in it!

Back
Top Bottom