If An Intruder Entered Your Home What Would You Do?

If an intruder entered your home what would you do?

• Shoot

Votes: 63 40.1%
  • Wish I had a firearm so I could shoot

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Call police and hide (outside if you're feeling lucky...)

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Hand over my valuables and hope the intruder goes away

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • While looking over barrel of S&W-Ask "Have You Given Much Thought To Early Retirement? - Well Have Y

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • Try Out Moves Just Learned in "Discovering Karate" class

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sneak Up On Him And Yell In His Ear

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Sneak Up On Him And Kiss Him On His Ear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask Dog To Show Him Out

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Shake spouse awake and say "Greg, Greg, I hear something"

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Walk Up To Him And Say In A Wide-eyed Intimidatingly Scary Mysterious Foreign Accent - Heh, Want To

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Show Him Your Pumpkins

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Hey those fake ADT signs and stickers are a good deal. I got two sets on ebay for $25 a couple of years ago. And no false alarms or monthly fees!

Its not about looking like you cant be robbed. Its about making yourself look like more trouble than one of your neighbors. That whole not outrunning the bear, just the other guy thing.

:) :) :)

GB!!! (can I just use the initials to save disk space?)

Oh. My. God. George Bush's initials are the same as "God Bless"! :eek:

Grammatically speaking, your statement "GOD BLESS" is incorrect. Your sentence needs a direct object. It bugs me--keeps me waiting in suspense for the completion of the sentence.

Perhaps incorrect, but poetic. Read ""God bless you, all my suffering children."

ha

Ah...poetry--something lost on me most times. ^-^

Anyway, maybe another option when an intruder comes into the house is to read him/her some poems, something along the lines of Vogon poetry. :)

"God Bless Us, One and All" (Tiny Tim, in Scrooge)

Perhaps incorrect, but poetic. Read ""God bless you, all my suffering children."

ha

After the Pug eats bacon scraps and cuts a few - they will be suffering and ready to go - straight to jail and see the light there.

Which reminds of two things:

The electric co showed up and put in a right angle meter so it could be read from outside the yard. Of the three gas/water/electric - guess which one was a good looking chick. Stupid dogs.:rolleyes:
My Mossberg pump with polychoke went in Katrina - I was a deadeye on improved cyclinder - can't hit the broad side of a barn with a pistol/never could.

heh heh heh

i think anyone who thinks its easy to hit something close range with a shotgun better try it. its like rifle at that range as the shot dosnt spread until quite a distance out

i think anyone who thinks its easy to hit something close range with a shotgun better try it. its like rifle at that range as the shot dosnt spread until quite a distance out

I think there would be nothing better than a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with buckshot.

I think there would be nothing better than a 12 gauge shotgun loaded with buckshot.

One of my fellow engineers used to have the first couple rounds as snake shot in the ragged out 38 revolver he took Blackberry picking in the Honey Island Swamp - that way you didn't shoot a hole in the Piroque when the Water Mocasins dropped in.

I suppose they have modern people versions.

heh heh heh - worked good on snakes.

One of my fellow engineers used to have the first couple rounds as snake shot in the ragged out 38 revolver he took Blackberry picking in the Honey Island Swamp - that way you didn't shoot a hole in the Piroque when the Water Mocasins dropped in.

I suppose they have modern people versions.

heh heh heh - worked good on snakes.

Not enough shot on target reliably. It is easy enough for a hyped up person to keep coming after a .38 spl 158 gr hit in the torso, same even with the 9mm.

But like Martha says, a torso hit at close range with a load of 00 buckshot will perform a partial torsectomy.

Ha

Shotgun, You know that sound when the baby is being loaded.

Plus I like this comment from earlier in this thread...

Could I shoot another human being? HELL yes!! I would have NO qualms at all!!! Especially since I really don't like most humans all that well anyway!
grin.gif

In general, a 12 ga shot pattern will open up about 1" for every yard of travel from the barrel. So, an intruder 20 feet away (about 7 yards) will "see" a pattern over 7 inches in diameter. That is sure a lot larger area than a 9mm or even a .45 would occupy at the same distance.

Like my dad used to say.."with a shotgun you don't need to be good....just close.."

I vote for the 12 ga.

Like my dad used to say.."with a shotgun you don't need to be good....just close.."

Like James Caan's character in "El Dorado", 'Alan Bourdillion Traherne', a.k.a. 'Mississippi'. He carried a sawed-off shotgun pistol.....because he wasn't a very good aim....he just aimed it in the general direction of his intended target. ;)

Like James Caan's character in "El Dorado", 'Alan Bourdillion Traherne', a.k.a. 'Mississippi'. He carried a sawed-off shotgun pistol.....because he wasn't a very good aim....he just aimed it in the general direction of his intended target. ;)

And so a Stage Coach shotgun from a Cowboy Action supplier wouldn't get me in trouble with the Geneva Convention but my dog gassing an intruder with a Bacon fart would be considered torture?

Eh?

heh heh heh

And so a Stage Coach shotgun from a Cowboy Action supplier wouldn't get me in trouble with the Geneva Convention but my dog gassing an intruder with a Bacon fart would be considered torture?

Eh?

heh heh heh

As I sit here with a horribly smelly dog, I'd wager that bacon fart gassing would be the most inhumane to kill a man.

In general, a 12 ga shot pattern will open up about 1" for every yard of travel from the barrel. So, an intruder 20 feet away (about 7 yards) will "see" a pattern over 7 inches in diameter. That is sure a lot larger area than a 9mm or even a .45 would occupy at the same distance.

I vote for the 12 ga.

a home encounter would usually end up happening under 3 or 4 feet, the spread of oo shot is less than 1" at that distance. ,the risk of missing is pretty great . in fact over 90% of self defense shootings usually end up within 6 ft despite the fact they confrontation starts much farther apart according to fbi crime statistics.. and again its sooooooo easy to get a rifle or shot gun out of someones hands at close range if they even hesitate for a second. if the intruder hides behind a corner as you come around its almost a given he can grab the barrell and get it away. you may feel better about having a long arm for self defense in close quarters but being untrained you may do better with a bat.

Last edited:
Not enough shot on target reliably. It is easy enough for a hyped up person to keep coming after a .38 spl 158 gr hit in the torso, same even with the 9mm.

But like Martha says, a torso hit at close range with a load of 00 buckshot will perform a partial torsectomy.

Ha

mag-safe or glasser rounds are probley the best you can get for home defense. they are made in all handgun calibers. they are tradional hollowpoints but break apart on contact with fluid and release tiny pellets to enhance secondary wound channels and to keep the round from passing thru and hitting another person . origionally designed for the sky marshalls these rounds can pass thru a wood barrier in front of your target but wont pass thru a coke can once hydraulic pressure opens them up.. at 6.00 bucks a shot they arent cheap but well worth it if you hit a bystander or loved one because the round passed thru the target

Back
Top Bottom