If I could go back 20 years this is what I'd do the same................
ferco, great topic. I enjoyed reading all the responses. I was reading this to my wife and we were, like many others, having a tough time coming up with regrets. We mostly just came up with things we thought we did right and would do again. So here's our list of what we think are the things we would do the same:
- Relationship: didn't listen to others and got married fairly young, no regrets
- Didn't dig a financial hole early:
- Didn't have kids
- Didn't go to college
- Got a financial clue early about LYBM and without having any CC debt
- Working towards FI:
- Moved out of a limited opportunity small midwest town to a bigger city with more job opportunities
- Got a job at the right company and stayed long enough to get good stock options when I left
- Bought and sold 2 houses at the right times
So I'm thinking the question of what you would do the same will also be interesting and enlightening.