If men are so good at spatial relationships...

Two simple words have gotten me through 20+ years of shared domestic chores with tremendous success:

"yes dear"

case closed:D

If women are so independent today, why can't they kill their own bugs....

Reminds me of an event a while back - heard this blood-curdling scream from the living room, I thought she was seriously hurt, the house was on fire, we're being invaded, etc.

The problem was an ugly black spider. I'll grant that it was about the biggest, ugliest spider I've ever seen, but still - just a bug. So I'm the "hero" for stomping it.

I asked her later what she'd have done if I wasn't there, she said she'd have stomped on it.

Maybe some day I'll figure it out.

Reminds me of an event a while back - heard this blood-curdling scream from the living room, I thought she was seriously hurt, the house was on fire, we're being invaded, etc.

The problem was an ugly black spider. I'll grant that it was about the biggest, ugliest spider I've ever seen, but still - just a bug. So I'm the "hero" for stomping it.

I asked her later what she'd have done if I wasn't there, she said she'd have stomped on it.

Maybe some day I'll figure it out.

It made you feel useful.

Ronstar my husband didn't actually remove the split-shot sinker in my son's ear, but he took care of the situation by calming the kid AND me who had visions of it becoming somehow imbedded in his developing brain. The surgeon actually got it out.:)

Ronstar my husband didn't actually remove the split-shot sinker in my son's ear, but he took care of the situation by calming the kid AND me who had visions of it becoming somehow imbedded in his developing brain. The surgeon actually got it out.:)

I thought the fishing line was attached and your husband removed the sinker as if he had a fish on - like Ha said

I do well in the kitchen by myself but I never seem to get the dishwasher packed to the gills the way DW does. It's always, "Why did you put that on the bottom rack, there won't be any room for this". Something you think but don't say, Well when I put that on the bottom rack the dishwasher was empty. ::)

Then there is, "Don't use that clean dishrag to wipe up the floor", or "Don't use that dirty towel to dry that pan". :bat:

Like my dad used to say, "If you want to see who wears the pants in the family, just look under my apron".

At our house, whoever is doing ANY job is doing it correctly or the fault finder then becomes the one doing said job. Also as to the toilet seat down law my mother divorced twice over, the only rule is that he HAS to put it up. I can either put it down or figure out how to keep from falling in. (Drives her crazy when she comes for a visit) :D
Children of divorce can learn lots of things NOT to complain about.
2fer

Back
Top Bottom