If Obama Weren't Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id take Clinton over Obama. Cripes at least the water isn't dripping off behind her ears.

I think it is telling that someone with relatively little experience is a clear front-runner for a wide swath of the population. Should tell you how badly the existing crew have effed things up.

What do you call little experience? You're buying into that media crap too? How about his 8 years in the state senate and four years on congress? His Harvard Law degree? Working at the grass roots level? They don't count?

Neither do you...........you have Billary and a guy that's only been in the Senate TWO years and has no foreign policy experience..........:eek::D

Were you one of those that voted for Bush? He had never set foot outside of North America when he became president. That explains his disastrous foreign policy moves and all those around him could not tell the emperor had no clothes.

Since no one uses the word, mulatto, I'm wondering if it is now considered racist? I find it impossible to think of him (Barry Obama) as black even though I'm reading his autobiography and as a child and young adult he clearly associated with blacks, oops, I'm mean African Americans, and identifies himself as black. His white, oops, I mean European-American ancestors clearly had a great influence on him, and so on. When, oh, when can we drop such designations?

He is not black; he is bi-racial but in America the 1% rule applies. Blacks did not create the rule; whites did.

What do you call little experience? You're buying into that media crap too? How about his 8 years in the state senate and four years on congress? His Harvard Law degree? Working at the grass roots level? They don't count?

Also, he had the strength to quit smoking.

My real point was when will we stop defining people by the color of their skin?
O0

I guess it may be a while still.

College Experience
In her senior thesis in 1985, Mrs. Obama wrote that her college experience "made me far more aware of my 'Blackness' " than ever before, adding, "I will always be Black first and a student second" on campus.

WSJ, February 11, 2008.

Ha

Obama is a dynamic speaker who inspires people. He is gifted in his ability to fire up a crowd while he claims to be a "change" president who will not be part of the Washington establishment. Hillary is intelligent, experienced and articulate. She, however, fails to inspire people and doesn't have as good of a sense of humor as Obama. Personally, I think Obama will win mainly because he is a dynamic speaker and has charisma. In November, he will have no problem beating McCain, who is not at all exciting to listen to, even though he is probably more deserving, experienced and qualified to be president.

Re experience. BO graduated from an elite HS with honors. BS from Columbia University, community organizer/activist in Chicago, JD Harvard Law Magma Cum Laude. He was the first black editor of Harvard Law Review. Then he practiced as civil rights lawyer in Chicago and taught at U of Chicago Law School. Then he served as a State Senator in Illinois. Then 4 years as a US Senator. He's also written three books. Not bad, especially compared with the fellow who currently holds the office.

I just don't understand the whole "lacks experience" thing. If you look at legislative experience, Obama actually has more than Clinton if you count his service as a state senator in Illinois. Neither one has executive experience (nor does McCain). And don't tell me about Hilary's time in the White House; I have been married to a school teacher for 24 years, but that would hardly qualify me as an experienced educator.

This explains it: Billery.

I do think the Hillary has been an adviser to Bill during his entire political career. Bill has spent most of his political career in the executive branch. She knows how it works.

Obama has legislative experience... perhaps more than Hillary. But little exposure to the executive office.

I believe that Obama has the least experience (even life experience) of all candidates. But that is not a bad thing.

IMO, each candidate has some pluses and minuses.

I could vote for just about any of them in the general election.

I actually like McCain. But if I were to vote today, he would not get my vote. GWB has tainted the party and any of the positive things it stands for. Huge (massive) deficits, massive debt, a war (Iraq) that probably should not have happened. GWB indicated that he would campaign for McCain if he gets the nomination. McCain has best keep GWB in closeted Republican rallies. The swing vote is disgusted with GWB. McCain will lose if he is seen as "like GWB"... Not unlike the backlash effect Hillary gets because of Bill.

To me it looks like Obama could be a likely winner because of the protest vote. People are sick of status quo! Due to the two party system and the difficulty of an independent getting backing... Obama is seen as the best chance for change.

Me Liberal Independent, I believe McCain is a true hero. Hillary a sham, Obama the best thing that this country has developed in politics in a long time.

Obama. Done. I will vote for him in the NC primary and if he is the dem nominee he will get my vote. I am now tuning out until november.

He was the first black editor of Harvard Law Review.

Charles Hamilton Houston, one of the greatest lawyers of the last century, was the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review. He also conceived the legal strategy that resulted in ending American apartheid with Brown v Board of Education. Here's the perfunctory reference to Wiki: Charles Hamilton Houston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And here's a more detailed account of him. Charles Hamilton Houston Institute | Charles H. Houston | Biography

Obama was the first black President (in other law schools called the Chief Editor or Editor-in-Chief) of the Harvard Law Review.

Hey, I've lived in Illinois my entire life. That means I know that 8 years in the IL senate counts AGAINST your character and experience.

On the contrary. I would say the opposite. I think because he is black therefore he is considered the antithesis of the traditional national white male politician. I think that is what has propelled him to the top.

He is well spoken and articulate and does not spew vitriolic rhetoric like other past black presidential candidates (i.e., Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton) who clearly have had an ax to grind. .......

I agree - OBAMA's not like Jesse or Al, etc - he's a different kind of black racist - visit his church's website: Trinity United Church of Christ O0

As to comparisons to JFK & Lincoln - who's to say they were "great" presidents - an objective view of history (not the stuff they teach in public schools) shows those two trampled all over the constitution & were really not very good presidents at all.

Last edited:

Attachments

• star trek.jpg
    star trek.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 128
Sometimes I picture the different candidates giving a press conference. Which one would be most enjoyable to watch?

Probably not important, but I bet more people would watch press conferences if Obama were president, at least during the honeymoon period. That would mean that more people would be informed.

Charles Hamilton Houston, one of the greatest lawyers of the last century, was the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review.

Thanks ChrisC! Sure got that wrong.

Hey, I've lived in Illinois my entire life. That means I know that 8 years in the IL senate counts AGAINST your character and experience.

Hey! hey! hey! Both Mr Obama and Ms Clinton are Chicago area products with Hillary growing up here and Barack living here now. Chicago Dems are true Dems... the REAL Dems... the embodiment of what it means to be a Dem in the world today!!!

If we can't elect Mayor Richard M Daley as President of the United States, then Hillary or Barack will have to do.

DALEY BLESS :angel:

Attachments

• Daley1.gif
    Daley1.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 113
  • mayor_Daley.jpg
    mayor_Daley.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 112
Hey! hey! hey! Both Mr Obama and Ms Clinton are Chicago area products with Hillary growing up here and Barack living here now. Chicago Dems are true Dems... the REAL Dems... the embodiment of what it means to be a Dem in the world today!!!... :angel:

Absolutely! Youbet, you're making me homesick! Oh, how I miss the politcal debates around the table in Chicago. And the original Daley days.

Hey! hey! hey! Both Mr Obama and Ms Clinton are Chicago area products with Hillary growing up here and Barack living here now. Chicago Dems are true Dems... the REAL Dems... the embodiment of what it means to be a Dem in the world today!!!

If we can't elect Mayor Richard M Daley as President of the United States, then Hillary or Barack will have to do.

DALEY BLESS :angel:

I've never had a post that actually made me sick to my stomach. So far this thread has two. Too bad we don't have a vomiting smiley on this forum. Therefor I will have to assume you're kidding.

When you say that Daley signals "the embodiment of what it means to be a Dem in the world today"

Which part of his administration do you mean

1. The hundreds of city no show jobs given to friends, relatives, and political supporters

2. The oppressive taxes forced upon the residents

3. The total disrespect for civil liberties and respect for the second amendment

4. The waste of hundreds of millions of tax dollars to rent trucks from his campaign supporters which were then never used.

5. His total disrespect for federal law in relation to the FAA?

6. The fact that so far 3 of his major appointments have been indicted with many more to come.

Come to think of it, overtaxing people to buy friends and redestribute wealth. I agree with you, Daley does represent Democrats very well.

I consider Patrick Fitzgerald (US Atty for Chicago) to be our saviour in this city. I'm saving a special bottle of bubbly for the day that the FBI makes Mayor Daley do the perp walk.

Obama is a dynamic speaker who inspires people. He is gifted in his ability to fire up a crowd while he claims to be a "change" president who will not be part of the Washington establishment. Hillary is intelligent, experienced and articulate. She, however, fails to inspire people and doesn't have as good of a sense of humor as Obama. Personally, I think Obama will win mainly because he is a dynamic speaker and has charisma. In November, he will have no problem beating McCain, who is not at all exciting to listen to, even though he is probably more deserving, experienced and qualified to be president.

Yes, yes, yes -
to heck with experience, foreign policy, economic philosphy, & all that other boring stuff

This is America - We want to have a feel-good voting experience - ENTERTAIN US!!!

I've never had a post that actually made me sick to my stomach. So far this thread has two. Too bad we don't have a vomiting smiley on this forum. Therefor I will have to assume you're kidding.

When you say that Daley signals "the embodiment of what it means to be a Dem in the world today"

Which part of his administration do you mean

1. The hundreds of city no show jobs given to friends, relatives, and political supporters

2. The oppressive taxes forced upon the residents

3. The total disrespect for civil liberties and respect for the second amendment

4. The waste of hundreds of millions of tax dollars to rent trucks from his campaign supporters which were then never used.

5. His total disrespect for federal law in relation to the FAA?

6. The fact that so far 3 of his major appointments have been indicted with many more to come.

Come to think of it, overtaxing people to buy friends and redestribute wealth. I agree with you, Daley does represent Democrats very well.

I consider Patrick Fitzgerald (US Atty for Chicago) to be our saviour in this city. I'm saving a special bottle of bubbly for the day that the FBI makes Mayor Daley do the perp walk.

Well! I've never heard such blasphemy in all my life!

You'd rather fight a war in Iran with 100,000's of victims than elect Rich so he could quickly organize the country into precincts and wards with precinct captains, ward committeemen and zillions of patronage jobs the darn Iranians would be groveling for? If he can control the Blackstone Rangers by cutting them in on the graft, the Iranians will be a piece of cake! Don't you understand how we Dems get things done?

Just read this...
"Interviews with Virginia voters leaving the polls showed obama split the white vote with Clinton, and his share of the black vote approached 90 percent"
source: Obama, McCain win Virginia primaries - Yahoo! News

Since this percentage appears abnormally high, I wonder if this may be reverse discrimination in the sense that (Bill) Clinton has done so much for the black community, yet the black community seems to be putting that aside in favor of a black candidate maybe just because he is black. I know Billery is running, but I can only assume Billery would be just as kind to blacks as Bill was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom