I'm almost tempted

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
...to give deal Madeleine a call and see how long I can string this out to take up as much time as possible without actually giving out any information or money... ::)

Dear Friend,
I am Mrs Madeleine Vivian, an Australian, an Auditor in a Bank in London.
I will forward you my full details and a copy of my International Passport for verification if you desire.

I have urgent and very confidential business proposition for you.
I discovered an abandoned sum of $9.2 million united state dollars (Nine million two hundred thousand united state dollars) in a dormiciary account that belongs to a foreign customers a German business man.
who unfortunately lost his life in the plane crash of Monday, 31 July, 2000 AF4590 crash , including his wife and his whole family.
Visiting site at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm
On further investigation i discovered that his supposed next of kin being his only daughter died along with him in the plan crash.
This money was lodged in the bank on the 19th July 2000 for business purposes.
This sum of US$9,200,000.00 is still sitting in the branch bank.
I have all the information to enhance the safe transfer of this money.
I can not do this on my own because of my position in the bank hence i contacted you.
Consequently, i will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin . I need your full name and address for the attorney to prepare the necessary documents and affidavits that will put you in place as the next of kin. The money will be paid into your account for us to share in the ratio of 70% for me and 30% for you. Please this is highly confidential.
Kindly go through the website and contact me for further details.

I can send you my personal mobile number if you so desire.
Awaiting your urgent reply via my personal email:
Email: mrsmadeleine0025@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks and regards,
Mrs Madeleine Vivian

If you are going to bait the scammers, check out this site:

http://www.419eater.com/

Folks have gone down this path before. Hilarity will ensue!

I haven't baited the nigerian scammers, but I did bait a fellow seeking cash donations of $30,000 on craigslist for some crazy "purification" machine (and a used car, rent money, and a laptop as it turns out).

We exhanged a total of 200 emails probably. Comedy every day.

If you want someone else to prank, you may want to try the guy who is behind this video (caution - could offend you):

http://www.eveningservice.com/Video
http://www.lovegodsway.org/

He's trying to reform "the gays" and make them straight once again. To show them the error of their ways. This guy has a ministry outreach program called "C.H.O.P.S." (which stands for CHANGING HOMOSEXUALS into ORDINARY PEOPLE), where he will reform gay youth. I was going to pretend my son had been brainwashed by one of "the gays", and ask this guy for help via email. Maybe you should contact him? :D

"Follow me and together we'll C.H.O.P.S away the Gay."

Fifty bucks says that within a year, he's bagged humping another guy (or vice versa).

Better still...maybe I need to carefully consider "who" I'm going to be when I call. Should I go for the obvious but limited "haywood jablowme" or pick someone I dont like much to become the lucky recipient?

Also, is it plausible that I could fake a schwarzennegger accent for several full length telephone calls?

Hey thats a good point and I hadnt thought of it, which means maybe i'm a nicer guy than I thought.

I do know his name, address, phone number and with a little peeking and poking I might even turn up a bank account number or two.

Anyone know anyone around here that might have some additional personal information? :)

(I'm KIDDING)

(Or....AM I?)

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Go for it.

How can you walk away from a sure $2.8mm. Take her to the edge and post all the exchanges for our amusement.

My sentiments exactly.

Just dined with a friend last week who told the story of being contacted by a law firm in England about a family trust. Was a real deal. They sent him forms and forms and more forms and after failed, repeated requests about the funds in the trust (2 years later) they sent him $112 of which was to be split 10-12 ways.

Kinda like a class action settlement, why bother?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Better still...maybe I need to carefully consider "who" I'm going to be when I call. Should I go for the obvious but limited "haywood jablowme" or pick someone I dont like much to become the lucky recipient?

Also, is it plausible that I could fake a schwarzennegger accent for several full length telephone calls?

An Arnold soundboard to assist you!

-CC

larry said:
Just dined with a friend last week who told the story of being contacted by a law firm in England about a family trust. Was a real deal. They sent him forms and forms and more forms and after failed, repeated requests about the funds in the trust (2 years later) they sent him $112 of which was to be split 10-12 ways.

Kinda like a class action settlement, why bother?

the difference is that if you are contacted by a law firm, the will give you a real address... you can look them up to find they are legit.... etc.. etc..

CFB... I had mentioned I had received one a few days ago also... but mine was slightly different... they had my last name and it was a lost relative that had died many years ago and they were looking for his heirs... but it was the same $9.2 million.. I guess that is the number people like to see.

But she said she'd even give me her personal mobile number!

Her PERSONAL mobile number!

Given that, how could it possibly be a scam?

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
But she said she'd even give me her personal mobile number!

Her PERSONAL mobile number!

Given that, how could it possibly be a scam?
It isn't a scam. If you are among the first to respond you REALLY get millions. It is the people who try to join in late that get screwed. So hurry up and respond now. Wait a minute -- better yet -- send out your own version of the pitch. I can sell you an Internet email address list cheap. ;)

Shhh...I'm busy...I just got a 5 page "grocery shopper of the house" questionnaire and if I give them every piece of personal information about me and send it in RIGHT AWAY, I may be eligible for a $5000 lottery prize or maybe even a $500 random drawing early bird bonus!!!

fill out the form in your dog's name ... do something imaginative like 19 children, your age: 96, wife's age: 16 ... have some fun. (my dog is still getting mail, and it's probably been 16 years now; it does trail off, but it's always amusing when it arrives.)

We actually KNOW someone who fell for one of these things. Couldn't beleive anyone could be so stupid and gullible. It is pure greed that does it. Anyway, they sent him a check, he deposited it, then wired them funds from part of the deposited check, which was of course, bogus. His money (about $5k IIRC) was long gone when he found out. His latest venture is to try and marry a south american woman - win/win situation. :-\ Just heard that fell thru. He was hoping for a dream that isn't real - again. Sad. Lonely guy. I am glad she didn't end up taking him to the cleaners tho. Waiting to hear exactly what broke the engagement but rumor has it it was that he didn't have as much money as they (her family) first thought. If only that Nigerian had come thru ........ ::)

Jane :)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Fifty bucks says that within a year, he's bagged humping another guy.....

CFB, that's OK, though. The common wisdom behind the wall is that as long as you are pitching and not catching, you aren't gay. You're just releasing pent up energies.

Yep, I've heard that.

However, if you stick your weener in another guy, in any way shape or form...you're gay.

Not that theres anything wrong with that...

Oh, the stories I could tell!!

Maybe I should write a book, from the CO's perspective instead from the crook's point of view for a change. Have to write to Paul Harvey, so the last line of the book could be, "And now you know,,,,the rest of the story."

Back
Top Bottom