Join Early Retirement Today

I'm giving up my CAVS season tix tonight for FLOOR SEATS!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I'm giving up my CAVS season tix tonight for FLOOR SEATS!

As some may know, I am an avid Cavaliers fan....I was there through the season that took them to the Finals...I've been there before that and ever since.

Well, this year is somewhat magical for the cavs...they are going for win # 58 tonight ...a franchise record....and we have 11 more games after that!

I just got a call from an acquaintance with floor seats....and i'm going! I cant wait....I'll post some pics
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Have a great time, they should get the win against the Nets. Of course, once you see it from the floor you'll probably have to upgrade your season tickets.
F-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-One View Post
Have a great time, they should get the win against the Nets. Of course, once you see it from the floor you'll probably have to upgrade your season tickets.
ha! face value of MY tickets: $10. Face value of THESE tix, $310. Not happening!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess we get all we can eat and drink at the Key Bank Private Club, alcohol included...so maybe it's worth it.....
Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #4

What an experience. there's a huge VIP club under the seats. to get there you go into the tunnel the players come through...flash credentials and go thru the curtains. All you can eat mandarin strawberry stirfry, peking duck, peppercorn beef tenderloin, crab legs, sushi, rice, corn, etc etc.....then at halftime it was cheescake, cookies, chocolate mousse, cake, etc.... all you can drink beer wine and liquor....free concessions from the waiters at the seat....

i was 6 rows back, behind the basket...i actually prefer my view from the nosebleeds....its easier to keep track of things....but it was pretty fun

I met Keysha Cole, Terry Robiskie, and Shaun Rogers...so that was cool

GO CAVS! Most wins in a season as a franchise!! woo hoo
Old 03-26-2009, 07:24 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Baseball parks are like that, too. I saw my first pro game from a skybox. I was very disappointed because the business meeting got in the way of watching the game, food was good but nothing like you describe. I prefer buying my own cheap tickets and going with cheap friends.

Glad you had a good time, thefed. Hey, where are the pics?
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #6

PICS: cavs floor seats pictures by thefed17 - Photobucket
Old 03-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
Recycles dryer sheets

Nice pics, I forgot about the cheer-babes
F-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
By any chance are you like this famous old fan?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, thefed. Great shots, great seat location, great floor show (mods. won’t bug you about those outfits on the “healthy All-American girls.”) My doctor used that expression for my teenaged sister.

Had a good friend, co-worker, from Cleveland, said I loved seeing its night skyline from the train, she said that is the best way to see it. She’s wrong, right? On that same train ride, had diner with a couple of very nice Cleveland guys who went into Chicago to see a Cubs game; their wives let them out of town once a year.
CuppaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote