I'm the guy professionals love

I'm otherwise pretty handy but for some reason every DIY plumbing job turns into at least an 8 hour, $100 and/or two-beer project.

You're probably wondering about the $100? I've learned the hard way that no matter what size/length gizmo I just bought it's probably the wrong part. When it comes to replacing a plumbing part I'll buy the size I think I need and then one size smaller, one size bigger and every conceivable gizmo that will attach to it. It hate making ump-teen trips to Home Depot.

zedd

I do not do this.... but my BIL used to buy like that... but once he found what he needed... the second trip was to take everything back he did not use... opened or not...

Not thinking ahead to retirement, I promptly spent the dollar on candy.

Too bad. If you had saved it and gotten a real return of 3%, it would have grown to $4.52 now. ;)

Too bad. If you had saved it and gotten a real return of 3%, it would have grown to $4.52 now. ;)

On the other hand, investing in 10 cent comic books, and managing to hold onto them in good condition, would have nicely covered all those trips to the hardware store. :whistle:

comics-6.jpg

In that case the candy was probably a better investment.

I still remember that huge bag of candy, or at least it seemed to be. At the time a Snickers bar was five cents and would fill a five-year-old's hand. This in a time when a six-pack of Coke and a box of Ritz crackers was a once-a-month luxury.

Back
Top Bottom