In Fairborn there is no ice...

Come on, we've already got Nantucket and buttloads, you want to throw buckets in there too?

Ah f--- it!!

This is getting old.

Power still out.

Now I have to don't all the remaining vegetable soup into the compost; I had cooked up a large batch from the garden vegetables.

This morning I had tea, an apple, and a bit of cheese.

How long is bacon good if kept in a cooler?

Several houses over, there was a generator running in a garage with the door open a few inches.

Monday morning I got the car out. I have an electric door opener. When it was installed, he showed me how to disengage it. It worked. I got the door up (surprisingly light) then couldn't shut it because I couldn't reach it. My neighbor came over and closed it and locked it. Car's been outside ever since.

Went to the laundromat again yesterday, some rough looking customers there; but they were all behaved.

I have learned a new word; talking to different people at the grocery and laundry and discussing conditions of freezer and food: 2 different women said their meat had 'unthawed' (Firefox doesn't think it's a word either).

I'm sore from all the walking and lifting I've been doing.

In Fairborn, the business along Kaufmann Ave are still without power; I think the carwash brought in a generator. All those restaurants near the AF base closed for a week; some of them probably won't survive.

I think I'll buy lunch today.

I was feeling bad and realized I was dehydrated, so I bought a case of water and put a liter in the cooler in the morning and make sure I drink that.

Bacon goodness depends on how cool your cooler is and how cold the bacon is within the cooler. If its <40 degrees in your cooler and the bacon is at that same temp, then it should be good until its expiration date. Most of the bacon I buy has an expiry about 3-4 weeks out.

Food that requires refrigeration thats kept >40 degrees doesnt last long. A couple of days at most.

I have learned a new word....... 2 different women said their meat had 'unthawed'
Lemme see.....wouldn't that mean that the meat 'froze'? That's kinda like folks that want to buy a new 'hot water heater'......if the water's already hot, why would they need to heat it?

No wonder kids nowadays go to 'elementary' schools.....there's no such thing as 'grammar' schools anymore! :p

The power is still out.

I'm at the library with my own computer.

I actually saw repair crews yesterday, but not in my neighborhood.

Who do I have to bleep to get bleeping electricity?

What do the gods/DP&L require?

18 year old virgins?
Foreskins?
First born?
A cloak of chipmunk fur?
Gas, grass or ***?
Does it have to be blood; does it have to be human; does it have to be mine?

I'm getting squirrely.

If I had a partner, we would be alternating between screaming at each other and screwing our brains out.

I'll send my spouse down for emergency relief....

Seriously, I'm so sorry you're still stuck without power--there are life lessons to be learned in situations that you probably learned a long time ago.

A transfer switch isolates your home from the power grid, and prevents you from feeding power back to the power lines and killing a lineman or having your generator fight the power company for phase control when the power comes back on. Think fire and explosion when that happens.

I can attest to the fire and explosion. Someone I knew setup a diesel generator to power his home business during blackouts, not realizing the problem Walt mentions could occur.

One stormy winter in New England, the power goes out, the generator goes on, and then finally when the power comes back on for the street - the electrical pole outside the building turns into a mini fireworks display... then the power was back out. :D

Electricity has returned!

As I was driving home from the library, I noticed a lit porch light on the corner of out little blacked-out block.

As I turned onto my street, I saw another.

When I entered the house, I saw the cable box light was on.

I reset the clocks on the stove, microwave, and clock radio. The water softener was yelling at me and I had to reprogram it; have to replace the battery.

The fridge was still off, as I had turned off the breaker, since the door was open. Will restart and reload it shortly and put in a bucket of the remaining ice to help it along.

It will take a day or two for my jaw muscles to relax.

As I was driving home from the library, I noticed a lit porch light on the corner of out little blacked-out block.

As I turned onto my street, I saw another.

When I entered the house, I saw the cable box light was on.

I reset the clocks on the stove, microwave, and clock radio. The water softener was yelling at me and I had to reprogram it; have to replace the battery.

The fridge was still off, as I had turned off the breaker, since the door was open. Will restart and reload it shortly and put in a bucket of the remaining ice to help it along.

It will take a day or two for my jaw muscles to relax.

HURRAH!!! I am so happy for you, Khan.

quick, scrub the freezer before it gets too cold. congrats & welcome back to the world of artificial light.

If I had a partner, we would be alternating between screaming at each other and screwing our brains out.
If you'd posted that on eHarmony or Craigslist then you'd have plenty of proposals to occupy your time! So I guess it's good that you have your power back on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan

If you'd posted that on eHarmony or Craigslist then you'd have plenty of proposals to occupy your time! So I guess it's good that you have your power back on...

I speak from experience.

I often wondered what kind of women posted those ads on Craigslist...:cool:

When I'm severely stressed I want either food or sex; I lost 80 pounds of fat after I retired (and 'destressed'). I'll leave it to someone else do the math in calorie equivalents.

I have a partner and when the electricty goes off I moan and he tries to avoid me so no sex besides it's too hot in Florida without AC . Anyway ,welcome back to lights , a fridge and the internet .

So "screwing your brains out" is ok, but we must block out ass... :D

Maybe the emergency kit should contain extra batteries for those personal appliances!

"The power's out? I hadn't noticed..."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom