Inaugural San Antonio ER Anonymous Chapter Hospitality Meeting

So who's the photographer?

Looks like fun. Did you talk about us behind our back?

Leslie said:
Great to meet all of you guys too! And thanks to REWahoo for organizing this! The weather is great here, but Nords was a little cold. :D

I would encourage anyone to GO if your area is having a ERACH (ER Anonymous Chapter Hospitality) meeting. Phoenix is next as I recall...

Leslie

We had ours last Saturday here in the Valley of Fun!!! Now we are entertaining our next get together! :D

Thanks for putting the whole thing together, REW, I had a great time!

SC, Leslie, you guys got away before I remembered to determine your Kona coffee preferences. Send me a PM if you want some imported when I get back...

I should mention that REW plans a great lunch-- not only did we have some of the most amazing people-watching since I've left the islands, I also got to see the famous country store that launched Willie as well as the world's largest flaming mulch pile. Yes, I have photos. The mulch pile, not Willie.

shiny said:
Great photo! It looks like you had great weather to go with the good company.
The photo was posed outdoors, and on that shadeless lanai in the blazing noon sun I was the warmest I've been since I got on the plane. Our hotel room's thermostat is cranked up to 77 degrees and everyone on the housekeeping staff knows the loco Hawaii gringos now.

However if I couldn't live in Hawaii or San Diego then I'd live in San Antonio, at least in the spring & fall. Don't believe any of the crap in that "Best Value Places" list-- if they had any credibility or experience they never would've put Pittsburgh in the top 100, let alone the top 10. SA is way better than PGH.

I'm only checking the board occasionally while my spouse is at the conference, and while that ends today we don't fly back until next week. We'll be enjoying quality grownups time and I'll probably be back on the board later next week. But I'll check e-mail & PMs more frequently so send me one if you don't care to wait.

shiny said:
Nords, I didn't realize your ponytail was so curly! :)
Thank you, and naturally so! That annoys the heck outta my daughter...

Great event REW! Good that you put that together. Wish I still lived in SA Wish I could have been there.
One suggestion::: Your before the "Mexican" :p dinner photo is priceless. :LOL: What you need next is the group after Mexican Dinner shot. I'm thinking in the restroom each behind a closed stall door with only the knees and below showing.
Obviously, Nords would be the one with the toe ring :D

JPatrick said:
What you need next is the group after Mexican Dinner shot. I'm thinking in the restroom each behind a closed stall door with only the knees and below showing.

Oh, man. If
img_486075_0_289ff969b318a3a190344779da84b67b.gif
is how
img_486075_1_7e605a4606df7d43d06b4caa79da4af7.gif
food effects you, no wonder you moved to MO! ;)

I'm crushed. I hadn't paid enough attention to the forum to see this happening. I could have been there in a short drive.

Me too. I shudda come, but was, ahem, tied up with other problems. Next time. Heck, we could have taken NORDS on the riverwalk. Or did you? I guess Ol Rancher didn't show.

2B said:
I'm crushed. I hadn't paid enough attention to the forum to see this happening. I could have been there in a short drive.

Eagle43 said:
Me too. I shudda come, but was, ahem, tied up with other problems. Next time. Heck, we could have taken NORDS on the riverwalk. Or did you? I guess Ol Rancher didn't show.

Sorry you didn't make it, you guys missed an interesting lunch. Ol_Rancher had a last minute conflict and backed out. It was fun but would have been even better had you three been able to join in.

Nords and his DW are staying on the Riverwalk so I figured he'd see enough of it. That's why I chose the place I did for lunch, I wanted him to see the some of the 'other' San Antonio.

REWahoo! said:
Nords and his DW are staying on the Riverwalk so I figured he'd see enough of it. That's why I chose the place I did for lunch, I wanted him to see the some of the 'other' San Antonio.
All well and good, but you could at least have sprung for roasted marshmallows at the world famous Helotes mulch pile. 8)

That picture -- what a bunch of teases! Whose idea was that?

Reminds me of one of those monster movies where you only see part of the monster at the beginning.

Along those lines here is a picture of me !

Attachments

• HereIam.jpg
    HereIam.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
  • HereIam.jpg_thumb
    21.5 KB · Views: 1
TromboneAl said:

Reminds me of one of those monster movies where you only see part of the monster at the beginning.
I looked at it differently, Al. I figured they were covering up their mugs for our benefit. I'm guessing that at least a couple of those faces are something you might not want to see. The others covered up to show solidarity for the ugly ones. :LOL: :D :D :)

Oh, relax. It's a joke. :) Besides, I've left it up to the reader to determine who was covering up for our benefit and who was simply showing support for their fellow less than handsome ERs. . . unless one of them wants to confess.

TromboneAl said:

Back in the mid '60s Mad Magazine had a fake magazine about the Mafia with a picture taken at a birthday party - everyone had their faces concealed in some manner or other.

Through the use of advanced technology...

I used X-ray light to see what these people actually look like !

- Your secret is out !

Attachments

• XrayPict.jpg
    XrayPict.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 42
  • XrayPict.jpg_thumb
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
MasterBlaster said:
Through the use of advanced technology...

I used X-ray light to see what these people actually look like !

- Your secret is out !
Oh my :eek: :eek: :eek: It's far worse than I feared.

Neat technology, though, MasterBlaster. :LOL: :LOL:

They were just ASKING for it...

REWahoo! said:
And I thought someone spilled chocolate covered raisins on the table....

Smartpills...remember? Guess not. Maybe you need to take a few more smartpills? ;)

Can that phrase "take a few more smartpills" be added to "avocado" and "harvest gold" in the ER dictionary? :LOL:

Makes me almost wish I lived in Texas; (not really :LOL:)

Glad you all had a good time.

You know what? You guys are awful at pointing out small details. :LOL:

I gave the moderators a fruit and whipped topping to their pancakes and enlarged the topping on Nords' pancake to fit with the fact that he was proportionally closer to the camera.

All that work fer nuthin'. ;)

Back
Top Bottom