Inspirational video for Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoocat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If you aren't sure what is driving the Obama campaign then this video of the "Yes We Can" song might give you an idea of the strength of inspiration that he is providing for people. He says he is not the solution; WE are the solution. But he is definitely a galvanizing force.

Dipdive.com

If you aren't sure what is driving the Obama campaign then this video of the "Yes We Can" song might give you an idea of the strength of inspiration that he is providing for people. He says he is not the solution; WE are the solution. But he is definitely a galvanizing force.

Anyone seen film of Hitler rallies in the 30s?

Now Lil Adolphe was truly an inspirational speaker, with beaucoup charisma. The young folks loved him; they even wore special brown shirts to show their love.

Didn't work out too well for anyone; and I doubt this one will either.

If Obama wins the absolute best possibility is that my taxes go up, my standard of living goes down, and nothing else happens.

I vote for Donald Duck!

Ha

Posts linking Obama's campaign to Hitler, even if tangentially made, are precisely a large part of what's wrong with America and how much we need to grow as individuals and as a people. History does offer lessons; it's a shame that Ha is not a student.

History does offer lessons; it's a shame that Ha is not a student.
History does offer lessons-----Hmmmm, the way I read it, that's exactly what HaHa was saying....eh?

GOD! No wonder the Republicans hate Obama. I couldn't force myself to watch more than one third of that stupid "yes we can" video.

If even a deity ran for office, would Godwin?

regarding_mussolini.png

From the best comic on the Internet:

xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language - By Randall Munroe

While Hitler is undoubtedly an extreme case, both the "cult of personality" and the "whipping the populace into a froth" methodologies seem to win elections.

I believe magicians call it "misdirection"...

Posts linking Obama's campaign to Hitler, even if tangentially made, are precisely a large part of what's wrong with America and how much we need to grow as individuals and as a people. History does offer lessons; it's a shame that Ha is not a student.

Actually, it's a great comparison.

In both cases, people got and are getting charmed by theory and general promises.

I think Obama is a better speaker than Reagan was. They both have an optimiistic nature to their message by stylistic there are a lot of difference. A better comparison is between Tony Blair and Barack Obama his best speeches always had uplifting quality to them. Stylistic both Tony and Barack talk quickly with a lot of energy.

Tony's speeches have lot more content than Senator Obama when they reach this level I'll be truely impressed

that was very funny.

in this age of mtv, vh1, mp3, itunes, ipods, utube, unameit, wow, you can put almost any sentiment to music and sell it.

It's an interesting aspect of our political culture now, isn't it? That's primarily why I posted it. I haven't drunk the Obama Kool-aid, yet. :rolleyes:

And I don't know why some people are skeptical about a politician who has charisma, comparing him to Hitler! What's with that? Geeze Louize. Many many politicians have inspired people to vote for them and they weren't psychos. Kennedy, Reagan, to name a couple of winners. There are others, who didn't win. It's part of the American political scene. Get over it. :D

GOD! No wonder the Republicans hate Obama. I couldn't force myself to watch more than one third of that stupid "yes we can" video.

How sad to have grown so old and cynical.

It would be interesting if some of the Obamites could get beyond feeling sorry for the poor souls that don't see it their way and tell us something that Obama is likely to do for us, other than raise taxes and talk pretty.

So far the ad hominem attacks on this board have come from the Obamites, not from the agnostics.

FYI, I am getting tired of back-handed passive-agressive crap directed at me.

Ha

It would be interesting if some of the Obamites could get beyond feeling sorry for the poor souls that don't see it their way and tell us something that Obama is likely to do for us, other than raise taxes and talk pretty.

So far the ad hominem attacks on this board have come from the Obamites, not from the agnostics.

FYI, I am getting tired of back-handed passive-agressive crap directed at me.

Ha

Ha:

No passive-aggressive attack on you here. If you want to have it out, I am willing to do so openly and forthrightly. For you and those others who mumble about "lack of substance", I would suggest you look at his website barackobama.com, under "issues". If you want to debate a specific position he has taken, count me in (Although I don't agree with all of his positions). If you merely want pablum handed to you, listen to the Republicans and Hillary.

How sad to have grown so old and cynical.

Yes, I am a cynic when it comes to politics and religion. My remark however has nothing to do with either.
That video compilation of discordant images and sounds is as nauseating as staring into a strobe light while surrounded by people shouting random phrases into your ears. Any content escaped me as it was simply too excruciating to watch.

Who knows? When is the last time a president actually carried out their campain promises? It is always a crap shoot. Policy proclamations mean very little, so there is not much to go on besides perceived character. What are you going to do?

For that matter, all 3 of the major candidates are currently senators, so if they have any brilliant policy ideas, they are well-positioned to try to enact them into law now, without waiting for the uncertain outcome of a presidential election. Are any of them acting on their stated principles now?

Yes, I am a cynic when it comes to politics and religion. My remark however has nothing to do with either.
That video compilation of discordant images and sounds is as nauseating as staring into a strobe light while surrounded by people shouting random phrases into your ears. Any content escaped me as it was simply too excruciating to watch.

Sorry. My misunderstanding. I found it helpful to read the text printed next to it.

Who knows? When is the last time a president actually carried out their campain promises? It is always a crap shoot. Policy proclamations mean very little, so there is not much to go on besides perceived character. What are you going to do?

For that matter, all 3 of the major candidates are currently senators, so if they have any brilliant policy ideas, they are well-positioned to try to enact them into law now, without waiting for the uncertain outcome of a presidential election. Are any of them acting on their stated principles now?

And, frankly, I think we are going to see our taxes raised regardless of who the next president is. We have gotten to the point where there is no other alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom