Join Early Retirement Today

Instant Pot deals
Old 07-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Instant Pot deals

If there are any Instant Pot fans out there with a Kohl's charge card, Clark Howard just posted this deal with stackable promo codes:
https://clarkdeals.com/home-kitchen/...ce708-72329885

omni
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Instant Pot.JPG (74.8 KB, 75 views)
omni550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #2

I don't work for Instant Pot, but my gawd I love that thing. It's renewed my interest in cooking, which was much needed. Heck, I have two. Why? Because I can.
SumDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDay View Post
Heck, I have two. Why? Because I can.
Are they the same size or different? Wondering why you prefer 2?

omni
omni550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #4

I have a 6 quart and a 3 quart. The 3 qt. is perfect for the side dish. Like when I make Mongolian Beef, I can do the rice in the 3 qt. at the same time.

There's an Instant Pot Community on Facebook. It has 1.4 MILLION members. Some of those folks have 3, 4, 5 pots... It's an addiction. Luckily I only have room for two.

We just discovered the wonderfulness of sous vide steak: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sous-vide which we finished on the grill.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I ordered and then cancelled (too much of an impulse purchase, probably too small even for just two people) the 3 qt Instant Pot Ultra on Prime Day. Still on the fence but I think I would love it.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
I ordered and then cancelled (too much of an impulse purchase, probably too small even for just two people) the 3 qt Instant Pot Ultra on Prime Day. Still on the fence but I think I would love it.
I bought my first one (not Instant Pot brand) at Kohl's. I didn't like it. I took it back, and they gave me a full refund, and then I bought an Instant Pot. So buy it somewhere you can return it and give it a go
Old 07-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #7

That's a very good price on the 6 quart 7 in one. Amazon's Black Friday prices are usually $70-$75. I have two of the 6 quart and one three quart. One is for Arizona, the other two are here. Rice in the three quart and stew or beans in the 6 quart.
Another Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumDay View Post
I bought my first one (not Instant Pot brand) at Kohl's. I didn't like it. I took it back, and they gave me a full refund, and then I bought an Instant Pot. So buy it somewhere you can return it and give it a go
Good idea.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

HEB (a large chain grocery store in most of Texas) had a 6 quart instant pot on sale in the store this week for $49. I did not recognize the model number, other than that it was a 6 quart model.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:25 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Instant Pot is going to merge with Corelle. How that will affect prices I do not know.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 05:19 AM   #11
gone traveling

Since buying one last year, my DW has made some really awesome meals in a short time period. We now eat much better knowing it won't take all day long to make a roast with potatoes, and carrots, or corned beef/cabbage. So many other things you can use the instant pot for.....two thumbs up
ckelly78z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:21 AM   #12
Full time employment: Posting here.

Had a friend stay with us last week and I made a pasta with meat sauce recipe in the IP...a dish that DW and I really like. When my friend saw it, he said "Looks like the school spaghetti lunch". WTF! I was ready to dump it on his head. Regardless, DW and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpediem View Post
Had a friend stay with us last week and I made a pasta with meat sauce recipe in the IP...a dish that DW and I really like. When my friend saw it, he said "Looks like the school spaghetti lunch". WTF! I was ready to dump it on his head. Regardless, DW and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Well your friend should have been taking you out to eat anyway, so school lunch spaghetti is what he gets. Otherwise he’d stay longer.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

https://www.costco.com/.product.1004...9_0304_HotBuys

8 qt. for $40.

So what is the big deal with these gadgets? Looks to me like a pressure cooker that sits on the counter.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
So what is the big deal with these gadgets? Looks to me like a pressure cooker that sits on the counter.
So much more than just a pressure cooker.....fast, easy, and delicious.

Examples from Food Network:

Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches - Traditional, slow-cooked pulled pork can take up to 8 hours to cook, but when you use the saute setting, you'll be able to produce this juicy, fork-tender batch in just under two hours.

Instant Pot Carnitas - The great thing about these one-pot carnitas is that you don't have to wait all day for the perfect taco.

Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup - Didn't know your Instant Pot® could handle a whole chicken? Well, it can! And you'll have soul-soothing bowls of chicken noodle soup in only 45 minutes.

Instant Pot Pot Roast - Searing and pressure cooking your pot roast in a versatile Instant Pot® helps you get that fall-apart-tender meat quicker than you would with a traditional recipe.

etc, etc, etc.....
Carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #16

Quote:

8 qt. for $40.

So, so much more. Today I am going to cook hamburg in it. I will use the "Saute" setting which tells you when it is optimally hot. The hamburg goes way down into the high-sided InstaPot where it can spatter away and not get the stove top all greasy. And so far nothing has stuck to it that doesn't come off easily with a plastic scrubby.
misshathaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

My IP has paid for itself just making yogurt.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Chuckanut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

DW burned a pot of chili in our instapot last night. It's about over for us with that thing.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

8 qt. for $40.

Yes, it's an electric pressure cooker. It's programmable and has a lot of safety features including easy to release pressure/cooldown, so that makes it much easier to use/useful.

Some of us were too intimidated to used a stove top pressure cooker which required carrying over to sink to cool off in addition to the scary hissing noises and rattling. The instant pot is nice and quiet and doesn't heat up the kitchen.

It also easily replaces a crock pot. I don't use it that way, but I also got rid of my crockpot since the instant pot easily replaced it with much better results due to the ability to sauté in pot, plus generally far faster.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:37 AM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
DW burned a pot of chili in our instapot last night. It's about over for us with that thing.
I only had this happen once out of many, many cooks. And it was because the stew was way too thick and liquid couldn't get to the bottom to protect the meat. I knew something was wrong because it never would get up to pressure.

It was just the very bottom that was burned, I was able to recover.