Join Early Retirement Today

Interest Rate Reduction Automatic Call
Old 04-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Interest Rate Reduction Automatic Call

Anyone getting these automated calls saying "Your period of eligibility for an interest rate reduction for your credit card is about to expire. Press 1 to talk, or 2 to discontinue these notifications" ?

We've gotten two so far.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
Dryer sheet aficionado

Yep, getting one or two of these calls daily. I hang up on them. I am now getting my final warning that I will lose the opportunity for interest rate reductions. Since I automatically pay off every month, I don't care about the rate.
cocobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Full time employment: Posting here.

I've never received any of these calls. Maybe because i'm on the do not call list, or maybe i'm just lucky. I also pay off bills every month so maybe they just don't bother. Of course if I was home to answer the phone once in a while it might make a difference.
mn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I just got one today and had to wait until the end of the message to have the opportunity to press 2 to be put on the do not call list.

Between spams in my email, junk mail in my regular mail, unsolicited phone calls, junk faxes, and weeding through political junk thread headers on this forum, little by little it's taking up more and more of my day.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Dryer sheet aficionado

The Do Not Call (DNC) list doesn't seem to matter. I'm on DNC. I've also removed us from marketing materials and opt out from all third party or affiliate marketing (those privacy ads from banks). I'm still getting these calls.
cocobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think those calls are generated by your existing credit card companies. The ones I get just say "your credit card" not "Your ATT Universal Visa" or whatever. They're trolling.

A couple of weeks ago we were getting calls that started without any greeting or anything with a bank-recording lady-ish voice saying, "Please enter your PIN number, followed by the pound sign." I wouldn't be surprised if distracted people didn't do it without thinking about it. We just hung up and now they've stopped.
Bestwifeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
They're trolling.
Right, but they explicitly way "your card." I pushed one for an operator, and when I said (nicely) "what company are you with" he hung up.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

you should have strung them along for a bit. since they'd already wasted your time, you ought also waste theirs. very satisfying.
d is offline   Reply With Quote