Interest Rate Reduction Automatic Call

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anyone getting these automated calls saying "Your period of eligibility for an interest rate reduction for your credit card is about to expire. Press 1 to talk, or 2 to discontinue these notifications" ?

We've gotten two so far.

Yep, getting one or two of these calls daily. I hang up on them. I am now getting my final warning that I will lose the opportunity for interest rate reductions. Since I automatically pay off every month, I don't care about the rate.

I've never received any of these calls. Maybe because i'm on the do not call list, or maybe i'm just lucky. I also pay off bills every month so maybe they just don't bother. Of course if I was home to answer the phone once in a while it might make a difference.

I just got one today and had to wait until the end of the message to have the opportunity to press 2 to be put on the do not call list.

Between spams in my email, junk mail in my regular mail, unsolicited phone calls, junk faxes, and weeding through political junk thread headers on this forum, little by little it's taking up more and more of my day.

The Do Not Call (DNC) list doesn't seem to matter. I'm on DNC. I've also removed us from marketing materials and opt out from all third party or affiliate marketing (those privacy ads from banks). I'm still getting these calls.

I don't think those calls are generated by your existing credit card companies. The ones I get just say "your credit card" not "Your ATT Universal Visa" or whatever. They're trolling.

A couple of weeks ago we were getting calls that started without any greeting or anything with a bank-recording lady-ish voice saying, "Please enter your PIN number, followed by the pound sign." I wouldn't be surprised if distracted people didn't do it without thinking about it. We just hung up and now they've stopped.

They're trolling.

Right, but they explicitly way "your card." I pushed one for an operator, and when I said (nicely) "what company are you with" he hung up.

you should have strung them along for a bit. since they'd already wasted your time, you ought also waste theirs. very satisfying.

Back
Top Bottom