Interesting Car???

It's amazing that there's more muscle cars now than there were in the 60's. (heh)

Lot's of clones out there, not always a bad deal though. Seems guys put a ton of money into them to make them look like the real deal. You can buy them cheap in most cases and enjoy them but don't think your going to make money on one in the end. No matter what happens there still clones.

I owned a real 1968 GTO (same body style) triple black convertible. 1968 was the first year for the rubber bumper and it was standard equiptment. The one I had also had the chrome bumper (very rare) the option on the order sheet was Endura delete. I liked the Endura (rubber) bumper better but I was not the original owner.

The cheaper tempest came standard with the chrome bumper with upgrade to Endura.

Boy does this bring back memories! Way back in '69, my dad teased us that he was going to buy a GTO. I had visions of cruising in the Goat, impressing my friends, being a cool 18 year old. And of course, I bragged to all my friends that my dad was the coolest guy in town.:cool:

Well, he really was teasing. He brought home a 69 Pontiac Tempest coupe...with the smallest engine...and he had PLASTIC SEATCOVERS from Fingerhut on the seats before our butts ever touched the simulated leather! Cripes, all we needed was a "Ask me about my grandchildren" bumper sticker!:rant:

On the rare occasion that he'd let me drive it, we would immediately head over to the local cruising spot, but we never fooled anyone....this was no Goat...even the VW Beetles took off faster from the lights than I did!!

Back
Top Bottom