Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Interesting Comments from John Kerry:
Old 10-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude
So why are you so sensitive? I don't like Bush or Kerry.............
You make that sound like i'm the only one annoyed by the Iraq fiasco. That was entertaining.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2006, 04:00 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azanon
I beg to disagree. He just said how we all feel - Iraq is a place no one wants to be in right now. We're more than tired of Iraq, and its time to put it to an end. The democrats can help in that endeavor.
How? I for one would like to see an exit strategy all us Americans can get behind, Dems, Repubs, Independents, etc..............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:01 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I didnt know those that dont go to college were losers. That's news to me Haha. I thought everyone was important. I think Kerry does too.
I don't think for a minute that non-college people are losers, and if you have understood anything that I have written on this forum you would know that.

Kerry does think this however, from his words which if you hear them make clear what he is talking about. Be smart, study hard, get grades, go to college, or "get stuck in Iraq."
Old 10-31-2006, 04:02 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
You make that sound like i'm the only one annoyed by the Iraq fiasco. That was entertaining.
Well, I am all about entertainment. As I tell DW, "what happens on the forum, stays on the forum"...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:02 PM   #25

I think Kerry has always suffered (strangely, like many politicians ) from a kind of a tin ear.

THe MSNBC clip doesn't show what comes before or after, but in viewing it, I got the impression he was making an allusion to Bush, not to today's troops.

It's Bush who isn't interested in studying hard or doing his homework, and thus has gotten "stuck".

Will look for a transcript or a longer clip to make sure, but that's just how I see it.. Kerry has long had a way of saying things too obliquely and I think this time it surely got the better of him.

Edit: sorry This seemed to have gotten posted 2x.. I timed out & got confused between the 2 threads..
Old 10-31-2006, 04:15 PM   #26
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
I beg to disagree. He just said how we all feel - Iraq is a place no one wants to be in right now. We're more than tired of Iraq, and its time to put it to an end. The democrats can help in that endeavor.
Well, I agree with you partly (how we feel about Iraq). I respectfully
disagree with "The Democrats can help..............". I wouldn't want the Democrats helping with anything if I could prevent it.
However I will confess
the GOP has not exactly covered themselves in glory.

JG
Old 10-31-2006, 04:18 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina
I think Kerry has always suffered (strangely, like many politicians ) from a kind of a tin ear.

THe MSNBC clip doesn't show what comes before or after, but in viewing it, I got the impression he was making an allusion to Bush, not to today's troops.

It's Bush who isn't interested in studying hard or doing his homework, and thus has gotten "stuck".

Will look for a transcript or a longer clip to make sure, but that's just how I see it.. Kerry has long had a way of saying things too obliquely and I think this time it surely got the better of him.
He is talking to a group of students, and he intends this? It's a stretch IMO, but if on some wild chance this is what he meant, what a phenomenally poor way to say it.

Ha
Old 10-31-2006, 04:31 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
He is talking to a group of students, and he intends this? It's a stretch IMO, but if on some wild chance this is what he meant, what a phenomenally poor way to say it.

Ha
Ha, you sound as though you haven't accepted John Kerry as your personal Lord and Savior. You treat him as though he is just a man, capable of less than perfection. Some day, when you are redeemed, you will understand that he can do no wrong, that is is perfect, and is your personal route to eternal life.

He forgives you.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:43 PM   #29

grrr.. now who's making wild extrapolations? I don't like Kerry. The whole time I lived in MA he was my senator and he did ok, but not great. He can be wooden, aloof, dismissive-seeming, etc.

But strangely after a half-hour of looking I can find no transcript that shows the flow of these remarks or a video beyond that one line excised. Sure, there's plenty of back & forth out there after the fact between him & the White House, but no trace of the primary source in context.

Tell me GWB fares better with his idiotic "jokes" about finding weapons of mass destruction under the desk.. go 'head..
Old 10-31-2006, 04:52 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
What is really amusing about this story, is that everyone knows what he said is true! Even the folks that want him to apologize. - There aren't many folks rushing out of Harvard and Stanford to sign up for Iraq.

You guys want politicians to 'tell the truth' - Look at what you do, when they do tell the truth! You can't handle the truth!

Now do you understand, why politicians act the way they do? - It's because of the hypocrites in this country.
http://operationyellowelephant.blogs...-overview.html

The objective of OPERATION YELLOW ELEPHANT is to recruit College Republicans and Young Republicans to serve as infantry. They demanded this war and now viciously support it. It's only right that they also experience it.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:04 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan
http://operationyellowelephant.blogs...-overview.html

The objective of OPERATION YELLOW ELEPHANT is to recruit College Republicans and Young Republicans to serve as infantry. They demanded this war and now viciously support it. It's only right that they also experience it.
I love it. Not only do today's young, college educated Republicans mostly refuse to fight the war, they refuse even to pay the taxes needed to fund it, all the while "supporting" it oh so sanctimoniously. Maybe Santa is going to pay for it . . .
Old 10-31-2006, 05:21 PM   #32

seems all of you need to take a deep breath, and possibly a stiff drink.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:28 PM   #33

Kerry has handed a Republican Voter Turnout ploy to Mr. Rove on a platter. Kerry hates the military, and that's his perogative. Most left-wingers seem to loathe the military and that's their right, too. But the Republican faithful love the military, love America, want to see victory in Iraq and will associate Mr. Kerry's smarta$$ remark with the Democratic Party. This video will be played in key jump ball states, over and over. It will surely rouse the Republican base that the Dems were trying to get to stay home. And I do believe that off-year elections are about turnout of the base.

Think about the parents and spouses and children of the dead and wounded in Iraq. They're trying to spin it, but Kerry called them stupid. Gawd, he is despicable.

Nominate John Kerry for President. Please. He's a loser. Oh, if the Dems fail in their takeover attempt, make sure to blame JFK... John F. Kerry.

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #34
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle43
They're trying to spin it, but Kerry called them stupid. Gawd, he is despicable.

Wow!! Talk about disingenuous spin! Kerry called GWB stupid. Had nothing to do with the rank and file.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle43
Think about the parents and spouses and children of the dead and wounded in Iraq. They're trying to spin it, but Kerry called them stupid. Gawd, he is despicable.
What is really despicable is that your boy Bush sent them over to Iraq in the first place! - It's the dept. of Defense not Offense. Al Gore would have never started the Iraq war. And these people have died for nothing. That is Despicable and Disgusting!

You right wingers have had your chance to govern and you blew it on all fronts! - The Right cannot govern, as it uses 'bar room' logic for World Problems. -
Old 10-31-2006, 06:16 PM   #36
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
it is one of the least empathic things I think I have ever heard a public person say.
And what does that say about those of us who are working so hard to make sure that every family in America hears it?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #37

John F'n Kerry is a liability to Democrats and an asset to Republicans. The fact that he's also a condecending, arrogant, pompous ass is just more wood for the fire.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:30 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
What is really despicable is that your boy Bush sent them over to Iraq in the first place! - It's the dept. of Defense not Offense. Al Gore would have never started the Iraq war. And these people have died for nothing. That is Despicable and Disgusting!

You right wingers have had your chance to govern and you blew it on all fronts! - The Right cannot govern, as it uses 'bar room' logic for World Problems. -
Could be, but you lefties can't win elections. Every time the spotlight is put on what you really believe (see John Kerry) you fall in the polls. Bummer, isn't it. You're so smart, but you just keep blowing it. Turnout wins in off-year elections. I know the media is telling you lefties this election is in the bag, and it probably is. But, be careful; there's only one poll that counts. Remember Kerry on the 2004 election day. If you believed the exit polls, he won. Why I bet he was already measuring the drapes for the oval office. How funny is that?

Kerry is despicable. But, of course, he's a true icon of the extreme left wing. Mr. Rove will ensure that voters remember that. Can you spell turnout?

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:50 PM   #39
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
You may be right, but even if it is arguably true, it is one of the least empathic things I think I have ever heard a public person say.

Holy cow! He is saying to parents who are heartbroken at losing their son or daughter over there that "It’s to be expected, you kid was one of society’s losers.” And saying the same to the men and women in Iraq who have to go out every day wondering if it is their last-“LOSERS!! “

Listening to the clip I was struck by two things --one, how much he sounds like FDR in his intonation and cadence. And two, what a nasty arrogant thoughtless man he must be!

He should retire to Newport or something where he can't do any more harm.

Ha

I can't believe you folks are blaming this whole thing on Kerry. It is obviously a trick by Carl Rove. For his next trick he is going to have Howard Dean speak, or scream! - which should be enough to carry the Republicans to victory.

Seriously where is Howard Dean these days?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2006
Wow!! Talk about disingenuous spin! Kerry called GWB stupid. Had nothing to do with the rank and file.
Here is what Kerry said.
Quote:
""You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."
what part of that was about Bush? Please, stop drinking the Kool-aid!
Kerry has been critical of the military his entire political career, so this is nothing new.