Join Early Retirement Today

Interesting Comments from Michael Moore...........
Old 11-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Interesting Comments from Michael Moore...........

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...mo_code=29BA-1

I doubt Nancy Pelosi has him on speed-dial........... :

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Interesting Comments from Michael Moore...........
Old 11-28-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I just changed my opinion of Michael Moore. I used to think he was an idiot. Now I think he may be the greatest thing since Ralph Nader!

My favorite quote from the article:
"We aren't kidding around, Democrats, and if you don't believe us, just go ahead and continue this war another month. We will fight you harder than we did the Republicans.

Maybe in '08 the vote will go 48% repub, 43% dem, 7% Moore party, 2% other.

Old 11-28-2006, 11:32 AM   #3

You actually want more of the same Justin? If i were you, i would have kept that to myself.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azanon
You actually want more of the same Justin? If i were you, i would have kept that to myself.
We all have two years to see what gets done. I'm not holding my breath. If we are going to have idiots in office, I at least want them to be my idiots!
Old 11-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #5

i fail to find his comments "interesting"; no doubt one could find more suitable adjectives.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

Michael Who?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #7

micheal moore a blowhard.

period he has no value to american politics. The people who believe his stuff will always vote dem.

He is singin to the drones. Kinda like that hannity guy on tv and radio same he is singin to his drones.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy888
The people who believe his stuff will always vote dem.
I'm planning on sending my campaign contribution to him if he'll agree to run for prez in '08! Then all the "drones" will vote Moore instead of dem. If things are like '04, it'll only take 1-2% of the vote in a few states to make a difference (and let's face it, the repubs are going to need all the help Moore can offer!).
Old 11-28-2006, 10:27 PM   #9

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 AM   #10

I can't stop myself....I have to say....

although most people on this forum probably know that my views are fairly liberal, I find Michael Moore both an embarassment, and a blood-pressure-raising experience. Eerily similar to listening to Rush Limbaugh.

I tried reading his book "Stupid White Men." Even when I agreed with him, I found his way of expressing himself to be annoying. I also take offense at his "I will only hire blacks" statement. This is the solution to our nation's problems? How about we hire the most qualified, and make an effort to see that everyone has the same chance to earn those qualifications? The old Lenin philosophy "take the bent stick and bend it too far the other way so that it ends up straight" is not the answer, IMO.

Personally....I think guys like him give liberalism a bad name. Surely we can get beyond the right-wing "politics by sound bite" and actually use our brains? Although the way John Kerry was crucified as "flip-flopping" whenever he tried to explain an opinion beyond simple-minded makes me wonder if the American public will ever want that.

By the way, how come it was flip-flopping when Kerry changed his position but not now that Repubs are distancing themselves from the war? When they do it is "reconsidering." Just wondering....

Old 11-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco
Surely we can get beyond the right-wing "politics by sound bite" and actually use our brains? Although the way John Kerry was crucified as "flip-flopping" whenever he tried to explain an opinion beyond simple-minded makes me wonder if the American public will ever want that.
IIRC during the debates John Kerry's idea of explaining an idea was, 'go to my website and you'll see what my ideas are.' To me that says, 'I don't really know what I stand for.'
Old 11-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire
IIRC during the debates John Kerry's idea of explaining an idea was, 'go to my website and you'll see what my ideas are.' To me that says, 'I don't really know what I stand for.'
don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of Kerry's. But it seems reasonable to me to oppose a war effort, then later vote to fund the effort after it is already a done deal. It also seems reasonable to hold opinions that require modification and some explanation. I thought Kerry tried to explain--but the response to him was always "he's flip-flopping." or "fuzzy math" or whatever. Personally, I suspect all math is fuzzy to Bush. The sound-bite slogan always seems to trump the lengthy explanation in American politics. Something about attention span I suspect. Plus, Kerry wasn't that articulate in the first place.

the real question is--are politicians allowed to change their mind or not? If so--then "flip-flopping" must be ok. If not--then all Repubs and many Dems (including Hillary) should be "staying the course."
Old 11-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #13

Oh, ya gotta love this guy. He's just about got himself on the same lofty pedestal as Rosie O'Donnell now ...