Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-21-2014, 11:00 PM   #41
Dryer sheet aficionado

For the golfers.

4gea.com

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAspen View Post

I've also been a pizza fanatic for a long time, and ran across the Pizza Making Forums a few years ago. If you're really into pizza, and making your own, you can find some great recipes there, at:

Pizza Making Forum - Index

+1 on the Pizza Making Forum.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:38 PM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

I have a couple that I like:

For plumbing help I like the Ridgid plumbing forum. They have saved me a few times with great professional advice. https://www.ridgidforum.com

I am another photography buff and I like www.fredmiranda.com forum.

I also like the Rural Living forum at www.tractorbynet.com
Old 04-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #44
Confused about dryer sheets

Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com for getting better gas mileage through driver education and car modification. Forum has some very good mods and how to's.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #45
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleeplus View Post
I enjoy entertaining and cooking on my Big Green Egg and frequent the egghead forum https://eggheadforum.com for ideas and recipes. I find it's a hell of a lot cheaper to "egg"speriment with recipes and enjoy a few adult beverages with friends at our house than it is to go out on the town. Plus (IMO) the food is much better!!

+1 on the BGE.. And the forum (both the old one and the newer official BGE forum). We're addicted to spatchcock chicken and white wings (chicken stugged with monterrey jack and jalapenos then wrapped in bacon... Mmmmm)
Old 04-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #46
Recycles dryer sheets

For when the pellet smoker needs help, back to the Minion Method.
The Virtual Weber Bullet - For the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker smoker enthusiast

Back in the eighty's while in Big D a place across Central Exp from TI was selling this green egg looking smoker.... lasted quite a while, but one day a curious boy with a hammer finally did it in.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #47
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
+1 on the BGE.. And the forum (both the old one and the newer official BGE forum). We're addicted to spatchcock chicken and white wings (chicken stugged with monterrey jack and jalapenos then wrapped in bacon... Mmmmm)

You sparked my interest with the white wings. I will have to look that one up. I do a ton of pizza and will be checking out LoneAspen's recomendation. I just did pulled pork pizzas this weekend with some left over pork. It was surprisingly very good!

On a side note and FIRE topics, I have also been reading The MadFIentist site and find it interesting. I especially like the graphics he puts behind his posts. The Guinea Pig experiment is intriguing to me as well. http://www.madfientist.com
Old 04-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #48
Recycles dryer sheets

I like to listen to the McAlvany weekly commentary. They do some interesting interviews.

McAlvany Weekly Commentary¬*|¬*Weekly monetary, economic, geo-political news and events
Old 04-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #49
Recycles dryer sheets

Trawler Forum and Cruisers Forum . . .
Old 04-23-2014, 08:21 PM   #50
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by springnr View Post
For when the pellet smoker needs help, back to the Minion Method.
The Virtual Weber Bullet - For the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker smoker enthusiast

Back in the eighty's while in Big D a place across Central Exp from TI was selling this green egg looking smoker.... lasted quite a while, but one day a curious boy with a hammer finally did it in.

Was that in the old Keystone Shopping Center?

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #51
Recycles dryer sheets

Yep, Keystone Park, this guy was on the frontage, before you got to the by the hour motel. ;>) The smokers were displayed outside by the road, easy to see. It was $80 or so, outrageous $$. I talked Pop into buying one as being able to cook with a few lumps of charcoal was just too keen, and had to be experienced. Talk about some more uptown cooker! He called me up a week or so later and told me to come get the POS as he was not about to burn up another bunch of steaks in it.
A load of briquettes / wide open airflow in an egg will do that = forge mode.

I was back in the area last year, amazing growth, solid out past 380! In High School we moved from Cedar Springs / Inwood to Webbs Chapel / Walnut Hill our house was the third one built on the block, times change.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #52
Recycles dryer sheets

Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers

I'm getting ready to build one...