Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #281
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I can't let that pig ballerina picture end my thread so here's to some beautiful old babes!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #282
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrine View Post
....he's not crazy or creepy! He has been under my nose for the last year and a half and I never noticed until we were both at a wedding for our mutual friends.
I don't know about him, but your lack of nasal proximity sensitivity might seem a little creepy to some... wouldn't that at least itch like crazy?

Oldbabe, I was going to make a comment about your Plan "A" but Clifp beat me to it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
One of the strangest comments in one online sites was from this young lady... her comment was something like... "if you are not ready to have sex at LEAST once a day, don't write to me"...
I bet you could get some responses if you added that to your profile.... not BETTER responses... but more..
Link, man. Back it up with a link!

Nureyev & friends notwithstanding, that'd certainly be one heckuva first date.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #283
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbabe View Post
I can't let that pig ballerina picture end my thread so here's to some beautiful old babes!

I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed for eating crackers!

Well, maybe Martha Stewart...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #284
Administrator

Looks like only one, Judi Dench, doesn't color her hair and she hardly has any. Personally I think many 60+'ish women with naturally silver/gray/white hair look great, too! Sometimes better than those whose salon haircoloring just doesn't go with their (older) skin tones. Sometimes not, but I don't think we ALL have to color our hair to be considered beautiful. Just IMHO.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #285
Give me a forum ...

The women I have seen that don't color their hair look great if the have that short Judi Dench hair cut or great styling . So they might not color their hair but they still spend a lot .
Old 06-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #286
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
The women I have seen that don't color their hair look great if the have that short Judi Dench hair cut or great styling . So they might not color their hair but they still spend a lot .
Personally I know quite a few women with silver/gray/white hair who look perfectly attractive and presentable... no, GREAT... without "spending a lot" or going for the unisex lengths. But then for ever woman like that, there seem to be dozens who color their hair, some with pretty harsh results.

I do think that some women feel a need to spend a whole lot to feel good about themselves, though, whether it is on their hair, clothes, jewelry, or whatever, and I lay that at the feet of Madison Avenue.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 06-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #287
Give me a forum ...

[quote=Want2retire;676551]Personally I know quite a few women with silver/gray/white hair who look perfectly attractive and presentable... no, GREAT... without "spending a lot" or going for the unisex lengths. But then for ever woman like that, there seem to be dozens who color their hair, some with pretty harsh results.

ote]

After the talk on this forum about gray hair I started to take notice and I've seen some great gray hair all done with expert styling and I've seen some very poor do it yourself dye jobs which has led me to my conclusion that most of the women with great hair can thank their stylists and are not the victims of do it yourself or cheap chop shops . The truly great gray hair models have highlights in their hair so even though they are gray their hair is dyed . Their are exceptions to this but not many .
Old 06-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #288
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
Personally I know quite a few women with silver/gray/white hair who look perfectly attractive and presentable... no, GREAT... without "spending a lot" or going for the unisex lengths. But then for ever woman like that, there seem to be dozens who color their hair, some with pretty harsh results.

I do think that some women feel a need to spend a whole lot to feel good about themselves, though, whether it is on their hair, clothes, jewelry, or whatever, and I lay that at the feet of Madison Avenue.
Quote:
After the talk on this forum about gray hair I started to take notice and I've seen some great gray hair all done with expert styling and I've seen some very poor do it yourself dye jobs which has led me to my conclusion that most of the women with great hair can thank their stylists and are not the victims of do it yourself or cheap chop shops . The truly great gray hair models have highlights in their hair so even though they are gray their hair is dyed . Their are exceptions to this but not many .
Interesting response, I guess? I suppose we live in different worlds.

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 06-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #289
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Interesting response, I guess? I suppose we live in different worlds.

True and may I add a funny story . A good friend of mine decided to let her hair go gray ( she was always blonde ) . Anyway her SO got sick and they went to the doctor . The nurse came in and asked her if she was his mother . She 's three years older than him and she was not happy with that remark .
Old 06-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #290
Administrator

Quote:
True and may I add a funny story . A good friend of mine decided to let her hair go gray ( she was always blonde ) . Anyway her SO got sick and they went to the doctor . The nurse came in and asked her if she was his mother . She 's three years older than him and she was not happy with that remark .
I'm sorry - - I didn't mean to push your buttons and it is obvious that I did.

Nevertheless your "funny story" doesn't negate my opinion that quite a few women look GREAT without spending a fortune on their gray hair, or hacking it all off like a guy. They do!

- - H. Melville, 1851
Old 06-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #291
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I'm sorry - - I didn't mean to push your buttons and it is obvious that I did.
I'm not sure what you are talking about ! No buttons pushed ! Thanks anyway !
Old 06-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #292
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I thought a ponytail would keep me looking young, but the other day while we were out surfing my 15-year-old daughter had a well-meaning adult ask her "What about your husband?"

I guess I succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. I don't know who was more grossed out-- my daughter, me, or my spouse...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #293

Quote:

Uh, I did the same thing once, to a patient of mine. Oops. Open mouth insert foot.

I have since learned to ask, "so how are you two related?" or something similar

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #294
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple girl View Post
Uh, I did the same thing once, to a patient of mine. Oops. Open mouth insert foot.

I have since learned to ask, "so how are you two related?" or something similar

I've also made that mistake with patients . When my husband was in the hospital a Doctor asked me if I was his daughter that was much better than being mistaken for his mother .
Old 06-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #295
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
I thought a ponytail would keep me looking young, but the other day while we were out surfing my 15-year-old daughter had a well-meaning adult ask her "What about your husband?"

I guess I succeeded beyond my wildest dreams. I don't know who was more grossed out-- my daughter, me, or my spouse...
Here let me help you answer the question. Number 1 grossed person was the daughter, who is just totally disgusted that somebody thought she was with an old guy. #2 was DW, who while mildly flattered the her hubby can be mistaken for a 20 something, was POed that nobody asked if her if she and DD were sisters. #3 was you, who if it had been a friend of DD, would have been totally pysched that instead of being mistaken for an aging hippie, actually were mistaken for a cool surfer dude.

In fact I dare say you would have proudly shared the story (oh wait you did).
Old 06-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #296
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed for eating crackers!

Well, maybe Martha Stewart...
Martha would be my first choice. What could be better than a pretty blond billionaire who likes to cook?
Old 06-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #297
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarksnakes View Post
Martha would be my first choice. What could be better than a pretty blond billionaire who likes to cook?
I envision a house full of pillows and tchotchkes...

Old 06-29-2008, 11:04 PM   #298
Give me a forum ...

The only problem with the pictures of the 'older women'... is that they have so much makeup on, you can't see the real person...

I saw Farrah in our building one day... without much makeup.... she looks like she is old... true, nice body and all, but not a 'natural' anymore...

I have seen some older ladies that have looked very nice with gray hair... but usually they had a very nice body under that gray...
Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #299
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
The only problem with the pictures of the 'older women'... is that they have so much makeup on, you can't see the real person...

I saw Farrah in our building one day... without much makeup.... she looks like she is old... true, nice body and all, but not a 'natural' anymore...

I have seen some older ladies that have looked very nice with gray hair... but usually they had a very nice body under that gray...
The older I get, the older "old" gets...

Yeah, 60+ years-olds don't look quite as good as 20-somethings, but I look like a grandpa to 20-somethings anyway.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #300

More examples of funny personals...this one likes to pontificate about nice guys
Quote:
I'm looking for a TRUELY GOOD guy with morals and values and respect for those around him. Not someone who thinks the world is out to get them and spends their time blaming everyone else for everthing. I admire stability, responsibility, education, and a good sense of humor.

On a side note, I do need to comment on the "nice guy" thing. Yes, I am definitely looking for a nice guy, but that doesn't mean that I also don't need to be attracted to them. Attraction is important to keep the fire going and does not mean a person is shallow because they judge based on that. But we are all on a dating site and because pictures are the first thing we are able to judge someone by, we do. It isn't meant to hurt anyone or snub anyone. It's just a process. Once you find the ones you are attracted to, then the harder part of deciphering personalities, communication, education, etc come into play. But I also firmly believe that you need laughter, respect, and kindness, as well as finding someone you never tire to converse with. No one said dating was easy!!!

That being said, I just need to add one more note. No, women don't always pass up the nice guys for the a$$es, like a lot of you guys think. Many times we do end up with someone and stay with someone not good for us. But rest assured, if we could have an attractive AND genuinely nice guy, we would. So basically, you may be a great guy...and an attractive guy....but that doesn't mean we are attracted TO you. And it certainly doesn't mean we prefer bad boys. Does that make sense? I just get tired of the profiles that say all women say they want a nice guy but pass for the bad boys. The perfect balance isn't easy to find or none of us would be on here, right?