Internet dating advice wanted/needed

Yup for me too! What are you implying? :D

Umm...nothing?

I guess I thought I knew how you felt about it but didn't want to say publicly how I thought you felt about it just in case I was wrong, or you changed your mind, or... I have some leftover divorce carnage where I now assume I don't know or understand anyone of the fairer sex even when I think I might.

But I am glad you're still up for it! :D

2Cor521

:smitten:Ya'll, I think that Buns and Finance Dude were hoping for a ER Forum romance to be sparked by the meeting.

Well, haven't had much luck hunting on this board myself, so might as well help others along. Heck, I was talking to Citrine for two weeks about semi-ER. The entire time I didn't realize that Citrine is a girl, so obviously, I missed an opportunity there myself. :)

Buns, don't feel bad, I really suck at guessing genders, as I've recently discovered to my mortification. Here's my tip: don't guess dude every time! :-[

Buns, don't feel bad, I really suck at guessing genders, as I've recently discovered to my mortification. Here's my tip: don't guess dude every time! :-[

I'm reasonably sure that Finance Dude is, in fact, a dude

On a slight tangent for LBYM types, there is an entirely free dating site at:

http://www.plentyoffish.com/

Does anyone have experience with it?

My friend is involved with someone she met on that site. I'm not too impressed with the guy but I'm not with him; she is. Personally, I think one gets what one pays for and in his case this is born out. Oh, and I didn't read this whole thread, so no offense intended to anyone who might be on that site. I'm just sayin' as he owes more on his house 14 years later than when he bought it.

Last edited:
Good luck, Oldbabe, and I know a lot of people do find someone on those sites. I've actually met a couple of men online on sites not related to a dating site, and both turned out to be absolute nightmares (and I mean this with all my heart, as in scary), so I tend to shy away from meeting people in person that I have encountered online, which would make it hard for me to do an online dating service :)

I love matchmaking stories!
BTW....I started seeing someone....he's not crazy or creepy! He has been under my nose for the last year and a half and I never noticed until we were both at a wedding for our mutual friends.
The Universe definitely has a sense of humor!

Good luck, Oldbabe, and I know a lot of people do find someone on those sites. I've actually met a couple of men online on sites not related to a dating site, and both turned out to be absolute nightmares (and I mean this with all my heart, as in scary), so I tend to shy away from meeting people in person that I have encountered online, which would make it hard for me to do an online dating service :)

I have given up on the Internet dating process. I didn't like match.com and eharmony is a really SLOOOOOW process. Men don't seem to be that attracted to me anymore. What a shock.:rolleyes:

My strategy now is to lose 50 pounds, get a face lift, maybe a boob job, buy a wardrobe from Victoria's Secret and put my picture with a "date wanted" message up a billboard. Think it'll work?

Plan B is to get seriously into being single. Not a bad plan.

Go with Plan B because it is usually when you are enjoying your life that you meet someone .

I'll second that. When I met DW I had every intention of remaining a hardcore confirmed bachelor for all of my remaining days.

I'm still not quite sure what happened....:confused:

Sorry to hear that OldBabe...I think I would take a chance on it for awhile longer but maybe as others said, concentrate on the rest of your life...

My strategy now is to lose 50 pounds, get a face lift, maybe a boob job, buy a wardrobe from Victoria's Secret and put my picture with a "date wanted" message up a billboard. Think it'll work?

Hey you don't even need to waste money on a billboard, you can post it for free on the internet, starting here >:D Yes I think it will work for getting you a date!

Plan B is certainly easier and maybe better.

I have given up on the Internet dating process. I didn't like match.com and eharmony is a really SLOOOOOW process. Men don't seem to be that attracted to me anymore. What a shock.:rolleyes:

I hear ya. In the past 9 months I've had four "relationships" (well, one of the four ended in September but that was a LT deal) and they all ended less than "pleasantly." I am just focusing on being single now and maybe someday I will get back on that horse and ride. Oh, I also gained 20 lbs through the whole ordeal (but to be fair to me, my little doggy did spend three weeks in the hospital and almost died, so that really stressed me out too).

At any rate, when I look at what people go through I wonder why anyone even bothers. Aren't are cheery? :p Being single is not so bad.

P.S. E-Harmony rejected me! so you're way ahead of me!

Oldbabe - enjoy being single but lose the weight to be healthier. You need to become olderbabe and then oldestbabe!

Oldbabe-you have a great sense of humor. According to Oprah's show the other day, you need to have a vision board and put a picture of a guy and qualities you would like the guy to have such as honesty, integrity, humor, etc on the vision board and the laws of the universe will bring it to you. It was a followup show on The Secret and I did not watch all of it and I have never tried a vision board, so I don't really know what I am talking about. I don't know about the laws of the universe, but it did remind me in the Bible where it says to ask and ye shall receive. Good luck.

One of the strangest comments in one online sites was from this young lady... her comment was something like... "if you are not ready to have sex at LEAST once a day, don't write to me"...

I bet you could get some responses if you added that to your profile.... not BETTER responses... but more..

Back
Top Bottom