Join Early Retirement Today

IPad / Ipod Touch
Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

IPad / Ipod Touch

I was given an IPad this spring as a gift and I REALLY liked it but find it too big and bulky to carry around in my purse so it has been mostly sitting at home unused. I have even been thinking about putting it on Ebay or CL. I also have a cheapo MP3 which has seen lots of use for listening to music.

Then recently, completely by accident I found my perfect little piece of electronic equipment! An IPod Touch!! My bosses son came into the office and was letting me play games on his while he was there that day. It seems to be almost the exact same thing as an IPad except at 1/10 the weight. My purse is one of those cross-body bags that I like to keep at under a pound if possible. The IPad just added way too much weight. I don't understand how women lug around those huge 20# purses

Back to the point: The touch just flies along on the internet and has lots of fun games and I have added at least 75 apps so far (mostly free). I can check my email and surf the web as long as I have wifi which seems to be available about anywhere these days. (or I can pull up into a neighborhood or apt complex borrowing from some kind soul who doesn't have a password required, if I need to do a quick websearch or email check) Once I got the hang of pinching to make things bigger I can see just about anything I want to online. Really cool. I have also transferred hundreds of pictures to it also. Downloaded podcasts and a couple of movies. This little thing makes waiting somewhere "no problem"

I downloaded skype and have been using it quite a bit and so far have had really clear service. A HUGE benefit....

I purchased a 32G two weeks ago from BJ's - I think it was $275 !ouch! but have fallen in love with this little toy. The biggest problem is that I am spending way too much time playing with it when I should be doing other stuff, and of course I have spent lots and lots of money downloading new songs.... but all in all so glad I discovered it.

I see a long ongoing thread about the IPad so I know there are lots of folks here who enjoy it. I have not seen much about IPods here however. I just wanted to point out that if anyone really likes the IPad but doesn't want to have such a bulky item to carry around that they should check out the IPod Touch, very similar... just smaller!
JustMeUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Oh - you just didn't find TromboneAl's Thread! He is also crazy about his iPod Touch. That thread is around here somewhere....

Me, I owned an iPod Touch for a couple of years and couldn't wait to get an iPad for the larger screen and 3G connectivity. I now have one and love it! DH now owns my iPod Touch.

I carry the iPad under my arm when I go out - and I use it for running errands a LOT! That is its primary purpose. I have the Apple case/cover, which has a non-slip surface, and so it is very secure tucked under my arm when I'm not actually using it while I wander around the store, in which case I'm carrying it like a clip pad.

Audrey