Is anybody else insulted?

harley

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
It's hard enough to come into this forum and discuss the reaming I've experienced in the last few months. I think it's totally unfair to also have to be assalted by an advertisement banner for a colonoscopy prep pill. :eek:

Well, Harley, a lot of bad financial stuff has to flush through the system ...>:D

ta,
mews

Gee, thanks, Harley, for the heads up. I didn't know such pills exist. Doc may send me in for one of those tests in a couple of years. I tried but couldn't get the banner to come up. :rant:

I tried but couldn't get the banner to come up. :rant:

Don't feel bad, I'm told it happens to all men sooner or later. :eek:

Here's a sausage house with bacon curtains to take your mind off of it:

96963123.gFMsrQnT.jpg

Honestly, Slouch, this has never happened to me, now I'm going blind, I can't see your sausage house, it shows up as a question mark.;)

Doc may send me in for one of those tests in a couple of years.

it's a routine "turn 50" screening test. i just hit that young age a few weeks ago, so my lottery ticket came up. i am thrilled beyond words...:rolleyes:

but it is the best preventative medicine things you can do for yourself, so i'll quit whining and report as ordered...:'(

I didn't notice it until it was pointed out. Just as I mute TV commercials, throw out junk mail, and delete spam without opening it, I try not to look at online ads. I scroll down to get it out of my face.

Of course, it helps to be nearsighted with heavy astigmatism and wearing trifocals, because I have to try before I can get something in focus and read it. At last - - there IS an advantage to growing old.

now I'm going blind, I can't see your sausage house, it shows up as a question mark.;)

~sigh~ this is likely my fault. Here is Mr Sausage House as a file attachment :p

Attachments

• sausage house.jpg
    sausage house.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 130
Had the test last week. This time they gave me some liquid that you mix with Gator Aid or whatever liquid you want. It made the Gator Aid real sweet, but other than that it tasted the same. It's the results of the drink that is well unpleasant. The test itself was uneventful. Went to sleep and wife awakened me. I was dressed and ready to go. Had to ask her later how that happened. I sure don't remember it.

This test sounds allot worse than it is, and if you get a clear bill of health afterwords you truly feel great.

Had the test last week. This time they gave me some liquid that you mix with Gator Aid or whatever liquid you want. It made the Gator Aid real sweet, but other than that it tasted the same. It's the results of the drink that is well unpleasant. The test itself was uneventful. Went to sleep and wife awakened me. I was dressed and ready to go. Had to ask her later how that happened. I sure don't remember it.

This test sounds allot worse than it is, and if you get a clear bill of health afterwords you truly feel great.

thanks for the pep talk.
my attitude is "crank up the juice" and wake me later. first doc visit is next week, but test is yet to be scheduled. so i get to procrastinate a little more...my bus trip to Maine in mid October is my handy excuse. :D then i run out of excuses...<team of wild horses is being hitched up>

it's a routine "turn 50" screening test. i just hit that young age a few weeks ago, so my lottery ticket came up. i am thrilled beyond words...:rolleyes:

but it is the best preventative medicine things you can do for yourself, so i'll quit whining and report as ordered...:'(

Within a few years, the basic procedure might not be so problematic. Improvements in imaging may mean you can have a non-invasive initial test; I'm a bit uncertain whether it is ready to transplant the normal procedure at this stage.

Triage | Chicago Tribune | Blog

I wonder how the Insurance co. are going to react to the imaging procedure. The good thing about the 'old fashion way' is that should they have to remove polyps or do a biopsy they already have you there. With the imaging it is another procedure. i.e. more cost.

I wonder how the Insurance co. are going to react to the imaging procedure. The good thing about the 'old fashion way' is that should they have to remove polyps or do a biopsy they already have you there. With the imaging it is another procedure. i.e. more cost.

You also need to do the same bowel prep. In addition there will be the cost and emotional turmoil of pursuing incidental findings on the CT scan.

DD

A childhood friend put off checking out a problem and was gone at 52; a former co-worker, well under the age of 50, had cancer discovered during a colonoscopy. She is adamant that you go for the full colonoscopy instead of any of the lessor tests. I'm wondering if age 50 is too late to start testing.

A childhood friend put off checking out a problem and was gone at 52; a former co-worker, well under the age of 50, had cancer discovered during a colonoscopy. She is adamant that you go for the full colonoscopy instead of any of the lessor tests. I'm wondering if age 50 is too late to start testing.

When I turned 50 my HMO (Kaiser Permanente) required me to have a sigmoidoscopy but not a full colonoscopy. You stay awake for it, and they don't travel as far. I was told that something like 95% of the polyps and possible cancer signs were found in the sigmoid colon, and therefore I didn't need the whole magoo. Is this just them cheaping out? Or was it standard medical practice.

I was able to watch the process on a TV realtime. :eek: I was a biology major way back in college, and once I got past the original weirding-out, it was actually really interesting to me. As someone up above said, it was the cleansing process that sucked, not the procedure itself.

Back
Top Bottom