Is this gonna cause an eclipse, or tidal wave or what?

martyb

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So I just noticed that I'm getting very close to a situation where my post count will likely coincide precisely with the number of days I have left until I can retire. That number, at this moment, is 771.

Is the alignment of these two momentous events going to produce some sort of cataclysmic event, such as an earthquake, mudslide or meteor shower? Maybe somehow knock the earth slightly off it's rotational axis, causing untold seasonal and gravitational catastrophe around the world?

Or, is it more likely to pass quietly & unnoticed by anyone other than myself, possibly even in the middle of the night when nobody's online:confused:?

If I were a bettin' woman...(and I am), I'd say 'probably'.

:D

So I just noticed that I'm getting very close to a situation where my post count will likely coincide precisely with the number of days I have left until I can retire. That number, at this moment, is 771.

Is the alignment of these two momentous events going to produce some sort of cataclysmic event, such as an earthquake, mudslide or meteor shower? Maybe somehow knock the earth slightly off it's rotational axis, causing untold seasonal and gravitational catastrophe around the world?

Or, is it more likely to pass quietly & unnoticed by anyone other than myself, possibly even in the middle of the night when nobody's online:confused:?

At your current posting rate of .49 posts/day , looks like the convergence date is 30 days out. I'll be hunkered down in a bunker somewhere with my MRE's, guns, and Fox News, just to be on the safe side...:LOL:

At your current posting rate of .49 posts/day , looks like the convergence date is 30 days out. I'll be hunkered down in a bunker somewhere with my MRE's, guns, and Fox News, just to be on the safe side...:LOL:

mmm...good ol' MRE's! Thanks for reminding me. My co-worker promised me a case of them, but has never paid up. I'll have to remind him next week! ;)

May the Force be with you!

Do we all have to duck and cover as your post count approaches 771?

Don't you read the news? The end of the world will happen in 2012. May want to move up your retirement date and enjoy what little time you have left.

Do we all have to duck and cover as your post count approaches 771?

If you wait until the post count hits 771 to head for cover it will be too late... you'll be viewing Armageddon in your rear-view mirror.

martyb's days to retirement decrements at -1/day; his post count increments at .49/posts/day.

They'll converge around 741... unless he stacks the deck so he can have time to hoard all the best tasting MRE's for the impending Doomsday scenario.

Don't you read the news? The end of the world will happen in 2012. May want to move up your retirement date and enjoy what little time you have left.

Not much way I can do that, since I'm a fed who has to wait until my 55th birthday to retire. I had a chance a couple of months ago to retire early but didn't really want to take the 4+ percent hit, and now with the pay freeze, I'm really glad I didn't. My hi-three is frozen and I don't have any step increases coming before I go, so basically I'm done, other than the fact that every year gives me another 2%.

When the two numbers align, invest your entire retirement savings in lottery tickets with that number.:LOL:

Well....here we are... that special moment when my post count is in perfect alignment with my number of days remaining till retirement (755)! So far so good, and I want wish all of you a very Merry Christmas! :dance:
I didn't see a Santa emoticon, so this one will have to do!

Well....here we are... that special moment when my post count is in perfect alignment with my number of days remaining till retirement (755)! So far so good, and I want wish all of you a very Merry Christmas! :dance:
I didn't see a Santa emoticon, so this one will have to do!

Merry Christmas, martyb, and congratulations on reaching your special moment. :)

Back
Top Bottom