Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

In Florida it is against the law to publish the personal information of a law enforcement officer (with exceptions I won't go into). When zaba first came online several officer's know requested to have their information removed and it was. All of the information on the database is from public sources. Mine was doing well until just before I moved. The database caught up with me and showed my old address. The only way it could have obtained the information was from when my mortgage was recorded with the county. All of my other information was suppressed and unobtainable.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #22

If I were a battered woman on the run from an abusive husband, I would be very very worried. Does it only work off the phone book? Does anyone who has an unlisted number wanna try and see if they can find themselves here?

Old 09-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lets-retire View Post
All of my other information was suppressed and unobtainable.
Shouldn't you have included the words "supposed to be" prior to suppressed?

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
If I were a battered woman on the run from an abusive husband, I would be very very worried. Does it only work off the phone book? Does anyone who has an unlisted number wanna try and see if they can find themselves here?

There are some options for battered women. Name changes and social security number changes are available. Some states have a service which provides a dummy address for battered women to use, with mail forwarded to the actual address.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #25

and yet i still can't find my father.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets

My number is unlisted - the site has my address (missing apt number) but no phone number.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #27
Dryer sheet aficionado

My listing was very flawed and had all the wrong info on it.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #28
Administrator

Quote:
Yes, my ex is there and he maintains an unlisted number due to certain previous job duties, and has had an unlisted number always for the past 30+ years.

Zabasearch has been around for quite a while, and I believe it uses a number of sources of information - - not just the phone book.

Edited to add: This article discusses some of the sources of Zabasearch information. These include mortgage records, change of address with the post office, and other public records that are not confidential, as well as commercial companies that gather information and sell it.

- - H. Melville, 1851
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

About 10 years ago, a friend wrote to the guy in jail who murdered her mother. She used a General Delivery return address, he responded to her home address.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #30
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:

No, it does not work off only phone books. I moved to another state and I now have an unlisted number. After I bought a house, it took them 2.5 years to catch up with me but they now have my current address on there and btw the correct age as well. There aught to be a law against making this information so easily accessible. If someone wants more information about you including you ss#, they can pay I think $59 and get that too from the same website.