Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-16-2015, 07:55 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Our kitty is definitely a heat lover. In the winter I affectionately refer to her as my little fur lap robe. At this time of year, August, I am saying OMG I do not need this hot, fury creature in my lap...but then she is sweet so I don't push her away. She loves to sleep directly on the heat vent in the floor in the winter.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
FIYes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #42
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Our old cat seeks out the sun rays in the south facing winter windows but also likes to stay outside in the 100 degree Texas heat in the summer. Seems like that fur coat would interfere with her comfort.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Ying and Yang
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Taz and Fred.jpg (54.4 KB, 13 views)
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #44
Recycles dryer sheets

Old 08-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #45
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

The You tube video looks like a furry sun dial
Lakewood90712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:06 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

I have two cats and they are a bit strange... yes, they do seek heat... but not always...

They will sit in the window to get the morning and early afternoon sun... one is also a lap cat and will sleep on your lap... you will have to move her if you want to get up... I have the upstairs at 85 degrees right now since the kids are visiting their grandma... and they will go up there at times...

But, one that does get the sun also will lay in a tub to cool off... also, he will lay in front of our biggest air return that is at ground level... a nice cool breeze going by when the AC is running...

The other will splay out on our tile floor, both front and rear legs stretched to get as much body on the tile as possible... and it is not heated, but cool...

So I am a sometimes....
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:40 AM   #47

Our cats really enjoy this:

Amazon.com : Milliard Pet Bed Warmer, 23 x 12" : Dog Bed Warmer

I set it up on my desk off to the side of the computer and it keeps them from trying to sleep on the keyboard.

I got it for them in the winter, but they still use it in the summertime. They really love to be warm.
mpeirce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #48
Recycles dryer sheets

My 5 month old pup lays in front of the AC vent, no matter which room she is in. And she will put her belly on a cold tile floor instead of a soft bed most days. I suspect she is going to LOVE snow this winter.
outdoorgirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

All of our kitties (now gone to kitty heaven) were heat seekers. They especially appreciated it when we put electric sheets on the bed. It was amazing how quickly we adapted to having a kitty curled up between our legs as we slept. We learned to turn over gently - though one time, I more or less catapulted one of the critters out of the bed - he made the mistake of sleeping on top. His litter mate always burrowed under (and slept with DW). Fun times - good memories.

Anything which can be used can be misused. Anything which can be misused will be.
Koolau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #50

102 on the patio , so two of them feline critters finally decided to go half way , house at 80 is too cold, so the service porch at 90, about perfect
Old 09-14-2015, 11:24 PM   #51
Give me a forum ...

Had to post this....

So, tonight I came home and DW was doing laundry.... one cat was laying on top of the dryer.... nice and warm on top...

Later, we had our dinner and when DW was cleaning up she yelled for me to come.... she had emptied the dryer and had left the door open... yep, cat jumped inside the dryer... after a couple of hours it had cooled down and she was just jumping out....
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote