It Wasn't Me, It Was The Chair!

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Ex-teacher sues over "Whoopee Cushion" chair

BRISTOL, England (AP) -- A British teacher who says a noisy chair made classroom life a misery is suing her former employer for unfair dismissal.

Sue Storer, 48, told an employment tribunal Tuesday she was subjected to sexist and bullying behavior while working as deputy head teacher at Bedminster Down Secondary School in Bristol, southwest England.

Storer said the school failed to replace her chair, which made a "farting" noise whenever anyone sat on it, although other staff received new chairs.

She said the chair was a source of embarrassment, especially at parent-teacher evenings.

She also said male colleagues were favored over her and she was placed under an unfair amount of pressure.

"I had a nervous breakdown because of the ordeal I went through. It's just not fair that people can treat you like that," said Storer, who resigned in September. She said she would never teach again.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/03/22/britain.chair.ap/index.html

What a drama queen! Buy some WD40 and shut the hell heck up!

She could have poked a knife or a pen in the chair so it would go "whoosh" instead of "plsbbbftsffbffbbbt". Anyone too stupid to do that maybe doesn't merit being a teacher (unless they were afraid of being accused of 'destroying Crown property.'

[to be fair, who knows what the other harrassment was...]

Jay_Gatsby said:
I'm inflatuated with her... :D

At first I thought you said you were infartuated with her.

Couldn't this lady rip the whoopee part off the chair and then put a pillow over it and sit on it? Or steal a chair from somewhere else and use it? There must be hundreds of chairs in that school.

Back
Top Bottom