Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Italy - Mamma Mia, It's Like a Whole Other Country
Old 11-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube_rat
The man posts a little art from around the world and the thread turns tawdry.

Welcome back, DT. I missed your pole, er, I mean polls
Thanks for appreciating the art and also the kind words about my pole polls, cube.

Here's one I took in Venice, that I think most accurately reflects my feelings of myself as a modern day ER man...facing the uncertainity of the sometimes cold cruel insensitive world...asking whether I did too much the day before...whether to have tea or coffee with my oatmeal and juice...of what to make for dinner...yet feeling very much alive, that I still have so much to give and wanting to ride hard into my ER day...

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2005, 06:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat
DT - naked men, toilet fetish....what's in that Minnesota water? Hope it doesn't reach C-T, Martha, Apocalypse Hope you spent a little time outside of the bathroom during your vacation. And no comments on Italian ladies? Oh well, welcome back.
Life and the water can be very hard in Minnesota...for some unknow reason many Minnesotans develop an interest in toilets and seeing the beauty in all of natures creatures. Don't ask why its just the way it is wildcat. I just shrug my shoulders and accept it. As a matter of fact I'm willing to bet that there is at least one Minnesotan on the forum who will look at a naked man if the opportunity presents itself. 8)

[img width=750 height=562]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/DanTien/100_1190.jpg[/img]

Those Italian women - all wonderful - they come in shorter versions as seen above in Venice and much taller as below in Milano.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #23

Wow, someone feed that gal some meat and potatos!!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:03 PM   #24

Quote:
We ought to do an immediate airdrop of MRE's in her backyard.* She doesn't look like she's got long to go.

Apologies if that happens to be Mrs Dan
JPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:11 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

This has been a wonderful thread, and I hate to return to excretory matters after we have gotten to sex- but how do they keep that first floor level toilet so clean? Does a man stand and let fly at the hole when urinating? And for the other, how do you be sure to hit the hole?

Remember that one in the Middle East somewhere than Dory showed? I would expect more of the same, unless someone rushed in to clean after every use.

I do recall in many cantinas in SA guys just peed on one wall. It was tiled, and had a drain along the wall. I think water occasionally flushed down, but I can‘t remember for sure. These were open to the street, the only door being a metal garage door type thing that was pulled down when they closed. So it was the responsibility of any ladies walking by to avert their eyes.

Ha
Old 11-15-2005, 09:51 PM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Ha,
Your SA story reminded me of a similar experience in Puerto Rico while driving across the island via the mountain roads.* I stopped for an adult beverage (or two) and nature required a relief break prior to driving again.* The "rest room" was a three sided wooden structure with a trough that led to a hole in the floor.* I happen to glance down at the hole and discovered there was no pipe.* The structure was actually hanging over the edge of a hill and the contraption was what you might call "gravity" actuated.* I sure hope no one lived down there.*
Old 11-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #27

Re: Italy - Gosh It's Whole Other Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
I just want to know what the guy is holding in his left hand?
My guess, his underpants.

--Greg
Old 11-15-2005, 10:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPatrick
We ought to do an immediate airdrop of MRE's in her backyard. She doesn't look like she's got long to go.
I think she is on a low-carb diet, so no potatoes, but because she's been on a low-carb diet, I think she gets plenty of meat...
Old 11-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #29

Ha, this setup is far to perfect.* In fact, I'm going to just let it go*
Anyone else
Old 11-15-2005, 11:34 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Yah know what I hate about those hole in the floor toilets??
Well I can't check the water temperature without slightly bending at the knees.
It goes down a long, long way, too...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:35 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
This has been a wonderful thread, and I hate to return to excretory matters after we have gotten to sex- but how do they keep that first floor level toilet so clean? Does a man stand and let fly at the hole when urinating? And for the other, how do you be sure to hit the hole?

Remember that one in the Middle East somewhere than Dory showed? I would expect more of the same, unless someone rushed in to clean after every use.

I do recall in many cantinas in SA guys just peed on one wall. It was tiled, and had a drain along the wall. I think water occasionally flushed down, but I can‘t remember for sure. These were open to the street, the only door being a metal garage door type thing that was pulled down when they closed. So it was the responsibility of any ladies walking by to avert their eyes.

Ha
I was on target and mostly bullseye even after splitting a bottle of Chianti Classico - I really had my eyes opened about Chianti - I've been drinking pedestrian stuff, but it can really rock when its got a great body and legs - well back to the porcelain - I never had to quarterback it there, there were no attendants, I noticed brushes in the corner, there was a flush, the wife thought it was a good exercise for the upper legs...since male and female shared the same hole they tried to leave no trace I guess, as for me I followed the old backpacking creedo..take only pictures, leave only footprints...
Old 11-16-2005, 05:38 AM   #32

Quote:
Yah know what I hate about those hole in the floor toilets??
Well I can't check the water temperature without slightly bending at the knees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
I don't want an explanation guys, but I have no idea what you're saying...no! don't even try...
Old 11-16-2005, 07:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
Yup, it's deep alright*

Whew, for a while I thought I was out there all alone.. Had to figure the Navy would be along*
Old 11-16-2005, 08:34 AM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Whew, for a while I thought I was out there all alone.. Had to figure the Navy would be along*
Gotta let the fresh talent do their stuff first.

But I'm glad I learned a skill from all those hours of watchstanding...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #35

While Nords and JPatrick go deep with each other

I wanted to post some pictures of my third favorite subject.

[img width=750 height=562]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/DanTien/100_1439.jpg[/img]
[img width=750 height=562]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/DanTien/100_1440.jpg[/img]
[img width=750 height=562]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/DanTien/100_1437.jpg[/img]