Join Early Retirement Today
Old 06-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #21
I just sold an old Airstream, and had it listed on one of our sister sites, the Air Forum. Though my buyer just happened to come from Craigslist.

I'd sell DH, but I think I've got too much invested to let him go for market. Sunk cost fallacy and all that.

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.”
Gerard Arthur Way

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets
ebay is awful. Geared towards buyers, not sellers. Auctioned 2 iphones recently. 3/4 auctions the buyers did not pay! So I reported them as non-payers. . . my account was put on restriction! No $hit.

Travelwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:59 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
When I first joined here some posters were complaining about illiquid securities they wished they didn't own. I thought there was no risk, and offered to buy somewhere around 2/3 of a conservative fair value. They disappeared, and did not sell to me anyway.

I am not as day to day tight as some here, but I am very careful and conservative about parting with cash for real estate or investments of any kind.

Overall, unless you are just trying to save yourself some hassles and want to get rid of something with very little utility to you, I think this would be a tough crowd to market to. Margin lives in lack of transparency.

haha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 03:14 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
I tried to sell my kids once but didn't get any offers.
It might not be too late. Can they pull a plow?
Yes, I have achieved work / life balance.
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:43 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Please, no for sale subforum, unless the whole subforum can be put on ignore.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #26
Recycles dryer sheets
I prefer to buy stuff from people who are living above their means. They might be selling some nice stuff.

If somebody living below their means is selling something, it's likely to be worn out, obsolete, otherwise impaired.
Slow But Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #27
Recycles dryer sheets
The movie Fargo's cabin scenes were filmed on the lake where we have our family lake place. I believe they filmed it winter 1995. They later sold the cabin on E-Bay and supposedly someone was going to move it to Wisconsin as a tourist stop.

Idnar7 is offline   Reply With Quote