It's 10:19am on Time Change Day, and my cell phone still hasn't adjusted

gindie

Full time employment: Posting here.
Verizon says it's a satellite problem, in certain areas of the country (Ohio, for one). Anybody else (Verizon or others) experiencing the same thing?

(Update one hour later: All's well)

Last edited:
I read this, and turned on the cell; first thing, it asked me if I wanted to adjust to EST. (cingular/ATT)

Computer adjusted, Cable adjusted; I adjusted watch, clock, stove, microwave, water softener.

Now have to figure out clock in car.

Last edited:
My cellphone hadn't made the change-over, so I turned it off, then turned it back on. All's well...it changed! Now I remember having to do this each time-change. (cingular/at&t)

The computer changed automatically...as usual. :)

gee, it's usually later than i think. today it's earlier? cool. oh, damn it's only earlier on my oven.

I live in OH and use Verizon and time changed on schedule. Don't know if it changed at 2:01 AM but it had changed by 9:00 AM when I actually looked at the phone (SAMSUNG).

Not only can humans not agree to have one standard time, they can't even have one consistent standard for when to change from one time to another.

Not only can humans not agree to have one standard time, they can't even have one consistent standard for when to change from one time to another.

This was a nightmare when I was on conference calls that included the US, Europe, Asia and South America on the same call. I never thought about it before then, but South America moves their time in the opposite direction as the north. Fun. Time shifts on different weeks and different directions.

I'd like to take step beyond just keeping the time unchanged. I say we adopt GMT the whole world over. Everyone, everywhere would ALWAYS know what time it was. The only thing we would need to adjust to is eating at some time that would seem odd to us for a while. I bet we'd get used to it pretty fast.

But I expect that to be adopted just as soon as we have a flat tax, or an NST w/o income tax.

-ERD50

must be me ... when i want to know the time, i look at a clock ...

My patients are babies and some of them are well enough to eat. Most are premies and are on a three hour schedule. They are thoroughly confused today.

:D

...I'd like to take step beyond just keeping the time unchanged. I say we adopt GMT the whole world over. Everyone, everywhere would ALWAYS know what time it was. The only thing we would need to adjust to is eating at some time that would seem odd to us for a while. I bet we'd get used to it pretty fast....

-ERD50

I have to agree with you on this. When you're right you're right.

Here's what we'll paint on the signs...

"Adjust Schedules Not Clocks!"

Back
Top Bottom