img_1202592_0_e6771780701de8a7976f48710e102e0a.jpg

Just Watchin the Girls go By

funny-pictures-laid-back-cat-the-newest-exploitable-kitteh-macro1_small.jpg

Gotta love the face....

Attachments

• get adopted.jpg
    get adopted.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 16
In honor of Caturday, I thought some of you would find this story as remarkable as we do:
Charleston Animal Society adopts out all its animals | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

For the first time in Charleston Animal Society staff memory, the adoption floor was vacant on Saturday because there were no dogs or cats in cages waiting for homes.
“I’m speechless. I haven’t seen the shelter completely empty since we built the building,” said Kay Hyman, shelter spokeswoman.

More than 280 animals were offered for free in an adoption blitz that began on Wednesday. The public responded, and now they are all gone. As a result, the Animal Society adoption center on Remount Road will not be opened as planned this afternoon. It will reopen on Tuesday.
“Right now we are relishing in this. It’s historic. It’s a huge accomplishment for us as a community,” Hyman said.

This is really an amazing story--the result of a concerted media, rescue, and shelter effort to provide incentives for people to make room for just one (more) pet. In the first day, they adopted out over 100 animals! I work with this shelter when they have border collies that aren't adoptable for various reasons, and it is truly a great facility.

Summer is when so many shelters are overloaded, making this even more impressive. Our community offers a lot of low-cost spay/neuter options for citizens, through corporate donations and also the ASPCA mission orange grant funds.

Some happy news to share with my fellow animal lovers! :)

Congratulations Sarah!

Attachments

• excited face.jpg
    excited face.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Sarah, that just gives me goosebumps! Awesome!!!

Good article Sarah. We rescued our two cats. Thank goodness for the shelters and the media efforts that go in to adopting these animals.

Strange Bedfellows

7sgJU.jpg

Public service announcement.

Attachments

• hot cat.jpg
    hot cat.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 23
Anyone have the 365-day cat calendar? Love this one from yesterday.

Attachments

• Cat - just hanging out.jpg
    Cat - just hanging out.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 12
Yes, we have that calendar! Loved this one. My cat, Baloo, thinks this is the coolest cat in the world!

Pete

Jail birds. I am continuing my project of taming these two feral kittens that were born in my cellar. They seem to enjoy the 8" X 16" foundation vent as a safe vantage point. They do have free access in and out of the cellar. On the inside there is a smooth concrete block wall. The kitties have to leap or scale several feet to get to the vent opening.

They will not let me catch them, but when I walk away, they will be right at my heels.

Attachments

• 102_4193.jpg
    102_4193.jpg
    638.2 KB · Views: 17
Awww, Jake, that is so cool!
Two of mine were feral kittens, and we've had them now going on 5 years. Neither is good with strangers, but they both are friendly with us and the other cats now.
These look adorable! And a gold star to youfor taking such good care of them! :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom