It's Friday Night !!

flintnational

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yes, we are retired. But, Friday night still has a special meaning. What are you doing tonight (or any Friday night)?

We are having friends over for dinner in our courtyard. I will grill pork tenderloins on the BGE and make a grilled romaine Caesar salad. I suspect there will be a couple of bottles of Chardonnay involved. :dance:

Well, Friday morning always reminds me that I'd better get my local shopping done before the hordes descend on the stores over the weekend. :D

Staying the heck out of restaurants and bars so the working folk can enjoy them without us adding to the crowds.

Friday night is a reminder of how fine it is to be retired. Like the OP said it’s a good night with friends. I agree with REWahoo a Friday night out for us is avoided. We have fav places that are more enjoyable with a reservation when there are no thoughts of those on a wait list.

What am I doing tonight? :LOL: I am multitasking, simultaneously doing all of the following:

(1) Playing a sweet, gentle video game that I just bought (Animal Crossing for the Gamecube).

(2) Listening to political podcasts (not one bit sweet and gentle. :ROFLMAO: )

(3) Working on my weight loss spreadsheet. I lost 27 pounds in the last thirteen weeks, saw my doctor today, and he was ecstatic with how much this improved my Type 2 diabetes. He urged me to do it again in the next thirteen weeks. :blink: Uh huh. Yeah. Sure thing. :confused: :blink:

(4) Reading forum posts.

It has been a pleasant evening thus far.

DW was out for the evening with a friend. I went to pick up some food at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant on the other side of town (it gave me a chance to take a long ride in my new car :smitten:), then I tackled some home improvement projects.

What am I doing tonight? :LOL: I am multitasking, simultaneously doing all of the following:

(1) Playing a sweet, gentle video game that I just bought (Animal Crossing for the Gamecube).

(2) Listening to political podcasts (not one bit sweet and gentle. :ROFLMAO: )

(3) Working on my weight loss spreadsheet. I lost 27 pounds in the last thirteen weeks, saw my doctor today, and he was ecstatic with how much this improved my Type 2 diabetes. He urged me to do it again in the next thirteen weeks. :blink: Uh huh. Yeah. Sure thing. :confused: :blink:

(4) Reading forum posts.

It has been a pleasant evening thus far.

Wow! 27 lbs in 13 weeks is VERY impressive - congratulations! I’m sure it was hard work.

DH and I usually go out on the weekends with friends or entertain at home, but we are trying to lose weight so we stayed home and grilled salmon and steamed broccoli. That is one thing I find challenging about maintaining weight loss - so much of our lifestyle involves hanging out with friends, eating and drinking wine - hard to lose weight doing that.

Reactions: W2R
Staying the heck out of restaurants and bars so the working folk can enjoy them without us adding to the crowds.

What a diplomatic way to put it!!
I would've said it differently. :blush:

But I didn't know it was Friday at all until I read this thread on Saturday morning. I think it's Saturday.

What a diplomatic way to put it!!
I would've said it differently. :blush:

But I didn't know it was Friday at all until I read this thread on Saturday morning. I think it's Saturday.

Saturday for me also and my head hurts. Too much of the Chardonnay mentioned in the OP. You would think at 57 I would know where that line is. :facepalm:

Saturday for me also and my head hurts. Too much of the Chardonnay mentioned in the OP. You would think at 57 I would know where that line is. :facepalm:
It's for good reasons.:)

Ronstar, I know what a gator dinner is in the SE (fried alligator tail). What is a gator dinner in your part of the world? The same?

Small golf ball sized chunks of gator blackened, deep fried with a spicy sauce on the side, with waffle fries and cole slaw. It was excellent.

Wow! 27 lbs in 13 weeks is VERY impressive - congratulations! I’m sure it was hard work.

DH and I usually go out on the weekends with friends or entertain at home, but we are trying to lose weight so we stayed home and grilled salmon and steamed broccoli. That is one thing I find challenging about maintaining weight loss - so much of our lifestyle involves hanging out with friends, eating and drinking wine - hard to lose weight doing that.

I struggle to lose 5lbs. Like you, I eat out a couple of nights a week with friends and that usually messes up losing weight.

I used to look forward to Friday nights. Meeting friends for eats and drinks or grilling out at home while watching a game on tv. But being retired, Friday is like any other day of the week.

Out to a Lebonese restaurant for belated Fathers Day with DD1. Beers at the brewpub next door.

Back
Top Bottom