It's funny joke Thursday! 2005 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
... We just need to save enough for the body conversion to ash and small wooden boxes!...

davemartin88

Milled some cedar from a tree that had fallen across a local road last week. It was dry so went ahead and used a piece to make a box. The ends are walnut. It's a little hard to see the eagle in the carving on the box top in this picture but better in person.
Attached Thumbnails

This is from another thread. But, here's an idea. Maybe you could buy a couple of boxes from davemartin88 (make sure you tell him I sent you to get your discount).

davemartin88

Milled some cedar from a tree that had fallen across a local road last week. It was dry so went ahead and used a piece to make a box. The ends are walnut. It's a little hard to see the eagle in the carving on the box top in this picture but better in person.
Attached Thumbnails

This is from another thread. But, here's an idea. Maybe you could buy a couple of boxes from davemartin88 (make sure you tell him I sent you to get your discount).

Maybe Dave will carve our initials on two boxes too! I'll check in with him after Xmas!

P.S. Thanks for the tip! :flowers:

Once again I've had requests for the Tequila Christmas Cake recipe so here it goes:

1cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar
Lemon juice
4 large eggs
Nuts
1 bottle Patron
2 cups dried fruit

Sample the tequila to check quality. Take a large bowl; check the tequila again to be sure it is of the highest quality. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the tequila is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscrivr. Sample the tequila to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the tequila. Now shift the lemon ice strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360's and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the tequila and wipe the counter with the cat. Cherry Mristmas

Once again I've had requests for the Tequila Christmas Cake recipe so here it goes:

1cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup water
1 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar
Lemon juice
4 large eggs
Nuts
1 bottle Patron
2 cups dried fruit

Sample the tequila to check quality. Take a large bowl; check the tequila again to be sure it is of the highest quality. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the tequila is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscrivr. Sample the tequila to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the tequila. Now shift the lemon ice strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360's and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the tequila and wipe the counter with the cat. Cherry Mristmas

I think I've made that cake before....can't clearly remember though.

Not my idea of funny.

The poster can be excused, because some people like that.

Me, I physically feel the pain. I'd enjoy AFV more if they could segregate all the painful videos so they could be avoided.

Here's a video I shared with my newsletter subscribers (I've watched it five times, and I laugh every time):

My 2018 New Year's resolution was to lose 10 pounds. I only have 15 to go!

I called a friend and asked what he was doing.

He replied that he was working on "aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics, aluminum, and steel under a constrained environment."

I was impressed...

Upon further inquiring, I learned that he was washing dishes with hot water under his wife's supervision.

I was in a graveyard recently, and nearby a guy was draped over a grave, sobbing and wailing "Why? Why! Why did you have to die and leave me like this?!?"

Since I was so close I felt it was too awkward to just leave and say nothing, so I stepped closer to him and said "I'm sorry, sir. Was this your wife?"

"No!" He sobbed, "it was her first husband!"

Why is it so hard to solve redneck murder cases?

All the DNA is the same and there are no dental records.

Stolen from elsewhere:

- Today at the bank, an old lady asked me to help check her balance. So I pushed her over.

- I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don't know what he laced them with, but I've been tripping all day.

- My boss told me to have a good day.. so I went home.

- Why do blind people hate skydiving? It scares the hell out of their dogs.

- A blind man walks into a bar. And a table. And a chair.

- I know a lot of jokes about unemployed people but none of them work.

- Parallel lines have so much in common. It’s a shame they’ll never meet.

After a fierce battle, the Indians manage to capture the Lone Ranger alive. The chief tells him that in admiration of his courage and battle skills, they’ll give him an extra day before executing him so that he can enjoy life for just a bit longer, and that they’ll grant him one wish within reason. Lone asks to speak with his horse, and the Chief grants the request.

The Lone Ranger whispers into Silver’s ear, and Silver gallops off toward town. An hour or so later, he returns with a gorgeous blond in the saddle. She hops off the horse, and she and Lone disappear into the teepee for a night of riotous sex.

The next morning she wanders off back toward town. The Chief and the rest of the Indians are might impressed with such courage in the face of impending doom, so the Chief grants Lone another day of reprieve. Lone asks to talk to Silver again, the Chief grants the request, and Lone again whispers into Silver’s ear.

The horse again gallops off toward town, returning again, this time with a gorgeous brunette. And like last time, she hops off the horse and she and Lone disappear into a teepee for a night of loud, energetic sex.

The next morning, just like yesterday, she staggers from the teepee and heads back toward town. The Chief regards the haggard Lone Ranger, and tells him that in light of his continued amazing bravery, they’ll grant him one more day of life, but that’s it.

Lone again asks to talk to Silver, and the Chief again grants the wish.

Lone walks over to the horse, grabs his bridle and yanks his head around, and stares him directly in the eyes, and says:

“Dammit, Silver, listen closely! I said get POSSE!”

A young grade school teacher liked to challenge her students with life lessons outside of the normal curriculum. Each Monday she would bring something to class that the students had not experienced in their every day life. They would discuss what ever she brought to class. It was hunting season and her husband had killed a deer. The deer was prepared and was on the table for Sunday dinner. She decided to take the venison to school and let the students experience a form of meat they might not have had before. That Monday she brought a container small cubes of the meat. She passed out the meat and told the students to smell it, feel it, and taste it. Then she asked the class what it was. Immediately one student said it was beef. No she said. Another said it is pork. No. She got sheep, chicken, turkey, and fake meat. All with a no response. The class got quiet and no more responses. She decided to give them a hint. She thought, venison is too hard to hint at but deer meat is easy. She said, "What does your mother call your father when he comes home from work and they kiss?" A little boy in the back jumps up and says, "Don't eat it. It's a horny SOB!"

"If you come at me with another spoonful of peas you'll live to regret it..."

Attachments

• The Look.JPG
    The Look.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 63
Did you hear about the cereal Bill Belicheat and Shady Brady eat before games? Cheaties! The Breakfast of Champions.

This year's Darwin Awards

Nominee No. 1 (San Jose Mercury News):

An unidentified man, using a shotgun like a club to break a former girlfriend’s windshield, accidentally shot himself to death when the gun discharged, blowing a hole in his gut.

Nominee No. 2 (Kalamazoo Gazette):

James Burns, 34, a mechanic from Alamo MI, was killed in March as he was trying to repair what police describe as a "farm-type truck." Burns got a friend to drive the truck on a highway while Burns hung underneath so that he could ascertain the source of a troubling noise. Burns' clothes caught on something, however, and the other man found Burns "wrapped in the drive shaft".

Nominee No. 3 (Hickory Daily Record):

Ken Charles Barger, 47, accidentally shot himself to death in December in Newton NC. Awakening to the sound of a ringing telephone beside his bed, he reached for the phone but instead grabbed a Smith & Wesson 38 Special, which discharged when he drew it to his ear.

Nominee No. 4 (UPI, Toronto):

Police said a lawyer demonstrating the safety of windows in a downtown Toronto skyscraper crashed through a pane with his shoulder and plunged 24 floors to his death. A police spokesman said Garry Hoy, 39, fell into the courtyard of the Toronto Dominion Bank Tower early Friday evening as he was explaining the strength of the building's windows to visiting law students. Hoy previously has conducted demonstrations of window strength according to police reports. Peter Lawson, managing partner of the firm Holden Day Wilson, told the Toronto Sun newspaper that Hoy was "one of the best and brightest members of the 200-man association.”

Nominee No. 5 (The News of the Weird):

Michael Anderson Godwin made News of the Weird posthumously. He had spent several years awaiting execution in South Carolina's electric chair on a murder conviction before having his sentence reduced to life in prison. While sitting on a metal toilet in his cell attempting to fix his small TV set, he bit into a wire and was electrocuted.

Nominee No. 6 (The Indianapolis Star):

A cigarette lighter may have triggered a fatal explosion in Dunkirk, IN. A Jay County man, using a cigarette lighter to check the barrel of a muzzleloader, was killed Monday night when the weapon discharged in his face, sheriff's investigators said. Gregory David Pryor, 19, died in his parents' rural Dunkirk home at about 11:30 PM. Investigators said Pryor was cleaning a 54-caliber muzzle-loader that had not been firing properly. He was using the lighter to look into the barrel when the gunpowder ignited.

Nominee No. 7 (Reuters - Mississauga, Ontario):

A man cleaning a bird feeder on the balcony of his condominium apartment in this Toronto suburb slipped and fell 23 stories to his death. "Stefan Macko, 55, was standing on a wheelchair when the accident occurred," said Inspector Darcy Honer of the Peel Regional Police. "It appears that the chair moved, and he went over the balcony."

Finally, THE WINNER! (Arkansas Democrat Gazette):

Two local men were injured when their pickup truck left the road and struck a tree near Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early Monday. Woodruff County deputy Dovey Snyder reported the accident shortly after midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc, and Billy Ray Wallis, 38, of Little Rock, were returning to Des Arc after a frog-catching trip. On an overcast Sunday night, Poole's pickup truck headlights malfunctioned.

The two men concluded that the headlight fuse on the older-model truck had burned out. As a replacement fuse was not available, Wallis noticed that the .22 caliber bullets from his pistol fit perfectly into the fuse box next to the steering-wheel column. Upon inserting a bullet, the headlights again began to operate properly and the two men proceeded on eastbound toward the White River Bridge.

After traveling approximately 20 miles and just before crossing the river, the bullet apparently overheated, discharged and struck Poole in the testicles. The vehicle swerved sharply right, exited the pavement and struck a tree. Poole suffered only minor cuts and abrasions from the accident but will require extensive surgery to repair the damage to his testicles, which will never operate as intended.

Wallis sustained a broken clavicle and was treated and released. "Thank God we weren't on that bridge when Thurston shot his balls off, or we might be dead," stated Wallis.

"I've been a trooper for 10 years in this part of the world, but this is a first for me. I can't believe that those two would admit how this accident happened," said Snyder.

Upon being notified of the wreck, Lavinia (Poole 's wife), asked how many frogs the boys had caught and if anyone got them from the truck.

Though Poole and Wallis did not die as a result of their misadventure as normally required by Darwin Award Official Rules, it can be argued that Poole did in fact effectively remove himself from the gene pool.

Or maybe not.

Finally, THE WINNER! (Arkansas Democrat Gazette):
Two local men were injured when their pickup truck left the road and struck a tree near Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early Monday. Woodruff County deputy Dovey Snyder reported the accident shortly after midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc, and Billy Ray Wallis, 38, of Little Rock, were returning to Des Arc after a frog-catching trip. On an overcast Sunday night, Poole's pickup truck headlights malfunctioned

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-bullet-fuse/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom